W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2020

[TD-TF] minutes - 16 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 21:26:19 +0900
Message-ID: <87a6x8hiqc.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/16-wot-td-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT-WG - TD-TF

16 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#September_16.2C_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya, Cristiano_Aguzzi,
          Michael_Koster, Victor_Charpenay, Michael_McCool

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          sebastian, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]TPAC
         4. [7]Collect topics for the vf2f
         5. [8]PR checks
         6. [9]PR 937 revisited
         7. [10]PR 951 revisited
         8. [11]PR 961
         9. [12]PR 960
        10. [13]Remaining security PRs
        11. [14]PR 938
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     * [16]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: sebastian

Agenda

   overview TPAC, check PRs, etc.

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [17]Sep-9

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/09-wot-td-minutes.html

   objection bring minutes from Sep-9 to public mailing list?

   no objection

TPAC

   Sebastian: good to meet with JSON-LD WG

   <kaz> [18]Issues related to JSON-LD

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/labels/JSON-LD 1.1

   got response from the JSON-LD group that they are open for a
   joint meeting

   ask Kaz to setup a doodle poll for find a good time slot for
   the joint meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: Kaz will setup a doodle poll for JSON-LD

   shall we meet other groups?

   Kaz: how about LBD Group?

   Sebastian: we can possibly invite them to our usual calls or
   could invite them to TPAC too

   Kaz: the agenda for TPAC already quite full

   Maybe we should invite them after TPAC

   Daniel: there is also Spatial Data on the Web IG

   are the active?

   Kaz: yes

   <dape> [19]https://www.w3.org/2017/sdwig/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2017/sdwig/

   is this the group that defined SSN?

   Daniel: yes

   Kaz: to be strict, the SSN spec was generated by the former WG,
   and now they're working on the SSN best practices
   ... note their charter gets expiered end of Sept, need to get
   extended

   <kaz> [20]Spatial Data on the Web IG Charter

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/sdwig/charter.html

Collect topics for the vf2f

   so far: dynamic TD, Thing Model, component approach for TD

   Ege: I like to talk about the System Description

   System Description provides opportunity to define the order and
   logic which action as example has to executed

   Ege: there are simple and complex versions

   Kaz: is this similar to SCXML which handles state transition
   with time synchronization?

   <inserted> [21]SCXML standard

     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/

   Ege: is quite similar to SCXML, but the System Description can
   provide more dependencies

   <Ege> [22]https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9191677

     [22] https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/9191677

   Ege: similar what Victor has presented

   <Ege> [23]https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8524065

     [23] https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8524065

   <Ege> For the second one, the publicly available pdf:
   [24]http://egekorkan.com/assets/pdfs/2018-FDL-SequentialBehavio
   ralModelingforScalableIoTDevicesandSystems.pdf

     [24] http://egekorkan.com/assets/pdfs/2018-FDL-SequentialBehavioralModelingforScalableIoTDevicesandSystems.pdf

   are there more topics?

   lets talk this again next week

PR checks

   [25]PR 951

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/951

   PR cannot merged since McCool should check the changes

   [26]PR 914

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/914

   is merged

   <kaz> [27]PR 924

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/924

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: would like to wait a bit and ask Victor to see the
   possible impacts

   [28]PR 937

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937

   <McCool> (note: I will join second half of TD call, and I hope
   we can look again at the oauth-flow PR)

   (Victor joins)

PR 937 revisited

   [29]PR 937

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937

   [30]Issue 915

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/915

   Victor: will add necessary updates directly to the branch of PR
   937

   [31]PR 945

     [31] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/945

   Sebastian: mentions PR 945 within PR 937

PR 951 revisited

   [32]PR 951

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/951

   McCool: OK with merging this PR but probably need some more
   updates

   Victor: would like McCool to review this PR again...

   McCool: can review it but swamped today, so maybe tomorrow
   ... another related point is OAuth
   ... index.html has much content on OAuth updates

   Victor: think that is the only possible conflict from my
   viewpoint

   Sebastian: McCool, please review this PR 951 again then

   McCool: ok
   ... if no problem, I myself can merge this PR

   Sebastian: ok
   ... any objections?

   (none)

PR 961

   [33]PR 961

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/961

   Sebastian: how to handle geolocation metadata?
   ... adding several resources by this PR

   McCool: here you're saying the name itself is defined by
   schema.org?
   ... this example doesn't really capture the need by the use
   cases

   Victor: might be make sense to think about a Note?

   Sebastian: would propose restructuring the sementic annotation
   section

   McCool: what semantic search good for is the question
   ... have discussion during the PlugFest calls as well
   ... collecting use cases and examples is needed
   ... we need to look into some concrete examples

   Kaz: +1

   McCool: and then clarify some guidelines

   Victor: when would be the upcoming PlugFest?

   McCool: during the week of September 28

   Sebastian: note that this was originally from Michael Lagally
   ... for location-based services
   ... would suggest we wait until the PlugFest is done

   McCool: OK with merging this PR itself but need to continue the
   discussion

   Kaz: also OK with multiple iterations for this point
   ... so we can merge this PR itself but we need to continue the
   discussion based on some concrete examples based on some
   concrete use cases

   Victor: thought there was some example

   Sebastian: would merge this PR 961 itself and add an Editor's
   note

   Ege: need some example on the interaction level
   ... also position level

   <McCool> +1

   Ege: IoT longitude, etc.

   Cristiano: +1
   ... also agree with Michael to have some good use case

   <victor> untile I describe the dataset further on the
   PlugFest's readme, here is a link to it:
   [34]https://www.vcharpenay.link/talks/td-sem-interop.html

     [34] https://www.vcharpenay.link/talks/td-sem-interop.html

   Sebastian: adding some property to get geolocation information

   Kaz: and we should continue the discussion on that kind of
   detail based on some concrete use case :)

   Sebastian: (summarizes the points within a comment for PR 961)

   [35]Sebastian's comment

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/961#issuecomment-693490745

PR 960

   [36]PR 960

     [36] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/961

   Daniel: (explains)
   ... add unsubscribeevent to the default list and notes

   Cristiano: added a comment

   [37]Cristiano's comment

     [37] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/960/files#r488430572

   Cristiano: An implementation might infer that to
   unobserveproperty it needs to unsubscribe from
   mqtt://wot.example.com/levelevent topic.
   ... example of MQTT there

   Koster: only information needed is location here

   Cristiano: yes

   Koster: this is sort of simplification
   ... if you have multiple forms for subscibe, would be more
   complicated
   ... need to see the use cases

   Kaz: yeah, we need some concrete use case about that
   ... might want to have a smarter mechanism to handle system
   integration like Ege's mentioned System Description

   Daniel: any possible impacts?
   ... not sure if this is a breaking change

   Cristiano: the note it self is ok but need to think about the
   detail

   Sebastian: should postpone till next week?

   Daniel: ok

   Cristiano: ok

Remaining security PRs

   Sebastian: depending on the rendering PR (951)?

   McCool: yes

   Sebastian: should postpone till next week then?

   McCool: yes

PR 938

   [38]PR 938

     [38] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/938

   Sebastian: examples are already using this...
   ... "Thing Template" is used within the TD spec

   [39]TD spec

     [39] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/REC-wot-thing-description-20200409/

   McCool: have you fixed all the "TD Template" to "TD Model"?

   Sebastian: this is the REC version
   ... and this PR updates all the "TD Template" within the
   Editor's draft
   ... we might want to think about the possibility of making the
   "Thing Model" as a separate spec in the long term

   McCool: would object at least in short term
   ... would use the same content type as TD?

   Sebastian: not sure at the moment
   ... what framework would we use?
   ... it's still unclear

   McCool: possibly similar to link type?

   Sebastian: would everybody to review this PR 938
   ... maybe we can make a decision next week

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Kaz will setup a doodle poll for JSON-LD

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version ([41]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/23 07:54:34 $

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 29 September 2020 12:26:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 29 September 2020 12:26:26 UTC