W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-poc] minutes - 8 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 20:20:32 +0900
Message-ID: <87tuvq3vnj.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/08-wot-poc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                WoT PoC

08 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PoC_WebConf#8_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Michael_McCool,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Singapore Geospatial Week
         2. [5]Smart Cities
         3. [6]PlugFest
         4. [7]Prev minutes
         5. [8]Some more Singapore Geospatial Week sessions
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Singapore Geospatial Week

   McCool/Jennifer: had discussion with some of the presenters,
   e.g., those from Hexagon, and got good feedback

   <jennifer> [11]https://www.hexagongeospatial.com/

     [11] https://www.hexagongeospatial.com/

   Kaz: wondering about their possible input for use cases, etc.

   McCool: asking them about possible collaboration

Smart Cities

   McCool: think geolocation, lifecycle and data management would
   be useful for Smart Cities as well
   ... (lists some more topics to be added)

   <McCool> More in-depth discussion of some topics needed -
   McCool to create PR ** Data formats, data ingest, semantic
   annotation (units, geolocation, etc), data schemas

   <jennifer>
   [12]https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-to-launch-initiative-to-
   set-global-data-security-rules-11599502974

     [12] https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-to-launch-initiative-to-set-global-data-security-rules-11599502974

   <McCool> Open data portals, dashboards, etc.

   <McCool> for app ecosystem

   McCool: (will create a PR to add those topics to the initial
   draft Charter)

PlugFest

   McCool: do you have any ideas for the upcoming PlugFest?

   Jennifer: 3 things in our mind
   ... security, discovery
   ... how to onboard the devices is problematic
   ... could have a lot of proprietary devices

   McCool: yeah, 2 issues here
   ... discovery itself is different from onboarding
   ... automatic onboarding is possible only if the manufacture
   provides the method
   ... actually, Intel provides some mechanism to share the
   manufacture's keys
   ... we have been talking about that kind of points during the
   lifecycle discussion
   ... that said, onboarding itself is out of scope for our
   Charter
   ... should think carefully about that
   ... so would start with discovery for PlugFest
   ... e.g., using LinkSmart
   ... but that's how to discover devices after onboarding

   Jennifer: ok
   ... security and discovery are enough for the moment

   McCool: note that we're now working on an explainer video

   <McCool>
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/material

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/material

   McCool: that includes some code example about agriculture
   ... (shows the example code)

   [14]example-client.js

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/explainer-code-sample/example-client.js

   McCool: Cristiano is working on this

   Jennifer: one of the hurdles people have is how to generate
   those actual codes
   ... something launching visual aspects would be helpful
   ... in addition to the codes
   ... people have hard time to understand the new mechanisms

   McCool: agree

   <McCool>
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/s
   mart-agriculture-openfield.md

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/smart-agriculture-openfield.md

   McCool: end-to-end demo above
   ... we'll include monitoring/actuation, etc.
   ... there is a link to the related project

   [16]SWAMP project

     [16] http://swamp-project.org/

   McCool: very interesting

Prev minutes

   [17]Sep-1

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/01-wot-poc-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)

   Jennifer: will ping Chinn about the draft Charter

   McCool: got some feedback from Eric as well
   ... any objections?

   (none)

   minutes approved

Some more Singapore Geospatial Week sessions

   McCool: interested but can't make the session on IOTSG Series
   at 3:00-4:00pm on Sep-14

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/22 11:04:54 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 22 September 2020 11:20:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 22 September 2020 11:20:39 UTC