[wot-poc] minutes - 1 September 2020

available at:

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Jennifer!



      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                WoT PoC

01 Sep 2020


      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PoC_WebConf#1_September_2020


          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, David_Ezell, Jennifer_Lin,



          jennifer, kaz


     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prev minutes
         2. [5]Logistics
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions

Prev minutes

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz


      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/08/25-wot-poc-minutes.html

   (no objections and approved)


   <inserted> scribenick: jennifer

   McCool: Not that much activity for PoCs
   ... We might reduce the frequency of meeting.

   Jennifer: That works for me because our group is trying to
   increase headcount in our team right now.

   McCool: Should we do PoC one week, and Smart City charters the
   other week?

   David: Yes.

   McCool: Spin up a separate WebEx and IRC channel

   Kaz: generating a new mailing list including all the
   stakeholders in the Smart Cities discussion
   ... We've identified several basic points on the draft Charter
   for the proposed Smart Cities IG during this call, but we
   should have a separate call to resolve the issues with all the
   stakeholders who are not here as well
   ... that said, this is a very early round of the bootstrapping
   for the Charter generation, so it's helpful to skim the update
   initial draft Charter now

   McCool: Kaz will capture everything we've discussed for the
   ... Scope of the charter probably shouldn't start with WoT
   ... Jennifer, can you ask Chinn on a sanity check on the

   Jennifer: Sure

   McCool: And the mission statement

   <kaz> [9]initial draft Charter for the proposed Smart Cities IG

      [9] https://cdn.statically.io/gh/w3c/wot/8d6cad1b/charters/smart-cities/smart-cities-ig-charter.html

   McCool: And the tasks
   ... Creating to-do list
   ... Move Success criteria down to section 3
   ... Rewrite Scope intro to not focus on WoT so much, but just
   talk about the motivation (gaps in standards, scalability, etc)
   ... Add "coordinating groups" starting with...
   ... WoT IG/WG/CG, MEIG (signage, video links, etc), Publishing
   WG/BG/CG (documentation), JSON-LD/RDF, Automotive WG, Spatial
   Data on the Web IG
   ... Web and Networks IG (edge computing, network metadata)

   <kaz> Healthcare Schema Vocabulary Community Group

   <kaz> Semantic Web in Health Care and Life Sciences Community

   <kaz> fyi, list of CGs: [10]https://www.w3.org/groups/cg/

     [10] https://www.w3.org/groups/cg/

   <kaz> list of WGs: [11]https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/

     [11] https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/

   <kaz> kaz: mentions the CG monitor dashboard to see the
   activeness of CGs

   <kaz> CG monitor: [12]https://w3c.github.io/cg-monitor/

     [12] https://w3c.github.io/cg-monitor/

   <McCool> [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/929 McCool's
   created new issue 929 on coordination groups

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/929

   McCool: We need to have a meeting for the chair nomination
   ... Kaz will organize the process for that

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/22 11:08:37 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Tuesday, 22 September 2020 11:09:51 UTC