W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > November 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 27 November 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 23:42:51 +0900
Message-ID: <87imn4f4es.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/11/27-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the mintues, David!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

27 Nov 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Koster, Takahisa_Suzuki, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Dave_Raggett

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          dezell

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]WG Charter
         3. [5]Future F2F Planning
         4. [6]Task Force Reports
         5. [7]AOB
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: dezell

Agenda

   Sebastian: next plans
   ... (reads agenda)
   ... will have information on eCl@ss next week (Markus Reigl and
   Christian Block)
   ... that's next week
   ... planned joint call with Media and Entertainment IG -
   postponed for next year.

   Kaz: we're getting input for the doodle poll from the WoT
   participants, and we should ask the MEIG participants about
   their availability too.

   Sebastian: if you haven't please fill in the doodle poll.
   ... points for the meeting from WoT side and ME side. May
   provide input to on-going discussions on "eventing" and
   "streaming data".

   Kaz: ME is very interested in frame-by-frame accuracy.
   ... should make time for advanced use cases.

   Sebastian: we should invite them to bring their use cases to
   the next plug-fest.

WG Charter

   <kaz> [10]Proposed WoT WG Charter

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/proposed-wot-wg-charter-2019.html#coordination

   <kaz> [11]updated Charter template

     [11] https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/charter-template.html#coordination

   Sebastian: there will be a small update to the text based on
   the updated Charter template.
   ... see section 5 "Invitation for review..."
   ... changes to "must be" to "advised"
   ... please see the pull request.
   ... AC review voting status - 8 in favor, 1 abstain
   ... 3 weeks left for voting.
   ... please let your AC reps know to vote.
   ... US Thanksgiving (Nov 28) - no US members
   ... should we have TD call on Friday (Nov 29)?
   ... Ege volunteered to chair the call, but many people will be
   absent.
   ... we will cancel the TD call of Friday, November 29.

   <inserted> Sebastian: wondering about other calls on Friday.
   Maybe there is a security call?

   Kaz: the security call is held not on Friday but on Monday.

Future F2F Planning

   Sebastian: still looking for good places.

   McCool: March 21 - 27 is IETF in Vacouver - would like to avoid
   that.
   ... any other week in March is OK.

   Sebastian: options include Helsinki, London, Pune.

   McCool: if Helsinki we should do it in June.

   Sebastian: London and Pune would be in March.
   ... ICWE is June 9-12 in Helsinki - might be convenient, but
   it's a long time from home.

   Ege: this is more of an academic conference, so people may not
   come for the whole week.

   McCool: it might be something we could coordinate against (like
   the open day).

   Ege: then we much contact the organizers.

   McCool: other question is "do we want any joint meetings?"

   Ege: ICWE has a WoT track.

   Sebastian: we could also organize a "thing-to-thing" group
   meeting (June - Helsinki).

   McCool: Vancouver might be a better option of coordination.
   ... it would be really good if Mozilla could host this kickoff
   meeting (March).

   Sebastian: so we have two European offers in a row. So we
   should consider Vancouver, or maybe Asia.

   McCool: need to research India visa requirements.
   ... more in favor of India in 2021. The launch should be near a
   big airport.
   ... we also considered Spain (Madrid).
   ... WRT to Asia, we've been to Japan a couple of times. Fujitsu
   is in California, so that could also be an option.

   Sebastian: Fujitsu is already hosting an event for us in CA.
   ... so it seems that Helsinki for June seems likely? Still need
   an option for March.
   ... Mozilla in San Francisco could be a great option.

   <ege> [12]https://www2020.thewebconf.org/

     [12] https://www2020.thewebconf.org/

   Ege: Web Conference in April, 2020 in Taipei (April 20-24)?

   McCool: if we do the April meeting, late June for Helsinki
   would be better. (July people are on vacation.)

   Sebastian: let us know if your company can host - rooms are
   most expensive. Coffee and Lunch we can organize on our own.
   Rooms are the important thing.

   McCool: a room with desks, a projector, and internet.

Task Force Reports

   Sebastian: Marketing reports coordination with W3C (Coralie)
   started.
   ... there is a new web page design. The overall W3C design
   should not have impact on group space.

   Ege: in addition to WoT page in Wikipedia, we want thing
   description page.

   <ege> [13]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

     [13] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

   Ege: scroll to the bottom of the page and it will tell you
   where we are in the review queue.
   ... they make no warranties about order of review.

   Kaz: WRT to the web design effort, need to keep working with
   MarComm about the WoT Landing page [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/.

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/

   Sebastian: suggest we talk about that on our Thursday Marketing
   call.
   ... scripting?

   Zoltan: review suggests that continued improvments.
   ... there is coordination needed with the TD spec.
   ... challenge is "what do we implement?" If the schema isn't in
   the list, what do we do?
   ... WRT future work, increasing interest in scripting (e.g.,
   EcoG)

   McCool: we need to keep recording these use cases.

   Sebastian: security?
   ... I know there are new issues.

   McCool: we need to continue to go through the PR comments,
   clean up privacy sections, etc.

   Sebastian: thing description?
   ... last week we had a special guest, Lucas Bonvin.
   ... he gave a presentation about cloud.io, and how TD makes
   sense for cloud use.
   ... great to see that the hard work we are doing is getting a
   lot of attention on the outside.
   ... there is still an open issue about "content type" - please
   comment on pull requests.

AOB

   Sebastian: no other topics? So we adjourn. No TD call on
   Friday.

   Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/11/28 14:40:36 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 28 November 2019 14:43:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:54 UTC