W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > November 2019

[wot-marketing] minutes - 28 November 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 00:08:58 +0900
Message-ID: <87h82of379.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/11/28-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

28 Nov 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Taki, McCool

   Chair
          WoT Marketing

   Scribe
          dsr

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Web page feedback
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     * [5]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dsr

Web page feedback

   Sebastian: Coralie has confirmed that the website design
   doesn't cover group pages, so we are free to proceed with our
   updates.

   We need to define a release plan for our new pages

   Kaz: As I mentioned in the main call yesterday, we still need
   to confirm how to deal with the landing page to make sure

   Sebastian: I meant the landing page, IG page and WG page.

   Kaz: Coralie was referring to IG and WG page, but didn't cover
   the landing page

   Sebastian: the website design will take many months yet

   Daniel: we did mention the landing page when we wrote to
   Coralie, but we could ask her to confirm that we can redesign
   the landing page

   Kaz: we should clarify this as well as the timeline

   Sebastian: we can definitely proceed with the IG and WG pages

   Kaz: please note that I am not objecting to our own redesign,
   merely just the need to clarify what MarComm team expect of us

   Sebastian: we're setting up GitHub issues to track the redesign
   effort
   ... my goal is to have the new page design in place when the
   new WG charter is announced

   sebastian asks kaz to add to the GitHub issues as needed

   Kaz: my point is not concrete GitHub issues, more the process
   ... it's just that (1) we need to identify which pages to be
   handled by the group side and which pages to be handeld by the
   Team, and then (2) we need to continue to talk with the MarComm
   team about the latter (=pages to be hanlded by the Team)
   ... we should also aim to provide ideas to MarComm's site
   redesign project based on our proposals

   Sebastian: I will ask Coralie to confirm that she is
   comfortable with our proposed page designs for the landing page
   ... we now need to start work on the content for the new pages

   <ege> [6]https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ CSS WG home page

      [6] https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

   <ege> [7]https://webrtc.org/ WebRTC site

      [7] https://webrtc.org/

   Ege: I have added some links above to show the other W3C group
   pages for comparison, e.g. CSS WG and WebRTC WG

   Kaz: those pages are WG-level pages and separate from the
   landing pages for activities, e.g., WoT, Automotive and
   Publishing

   Sebastian: we could invite MarComm representatives to our next
   call

   Kaz: that's a possible option, but before inviting them, I can
   respond to your message sent to Coralie and ask about the WoT
   Landing page to make sure.

   Sebastian: would be helpful.

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to respond to Sebastian's message and ask
   Coralie about the landing page as well, also possibility of her
   attendance in the wot-marketing call

   sebastian discusses his request for everyone to contribute
   ideas to the page design requirements.

   I will create GitHub issues for people to add to

   Sebastian: I have to leave now, ...
   ... end of meeting ...

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to respond to Sebastian's message and ask
   Coralie about the landing page as well, also possibility of her
   attendance in the wot-marketing call

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [8]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([9]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/11/28 15:04:12 $

      [8] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 28 November 2019 15:09:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:54 UTC