W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > November 2019

[wot-marketing] minutes - 21 November 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 01:00:38 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WRT-AyxT6Mb9zjHzgFoxKQTxn+gNNmupzKNvs4Vq1Q9g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/11/21-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

21 Nov 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, David_Ezell,
          Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Ege_Korkan

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_McCool

   Chair
          Kaz

   Scribe
          Daniel

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Resolutions during the main call
         2. [4]Wikipedia
         3. [5]Landing page
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

   Kaz: no concrete agenda but would like to check the progress
   and discuss the next steps

Resolutions during the main call

   <kaz> [8]Nov-20 main call minutes

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/20-wot-minutes.html

   Kaz: during yesterday's WoT main call, Ege made report and we
   made several resolutions
   ... e.g., [9]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

   <kaz>
   [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19#issuecomment
   -553928006

     [10]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19#issuecomment-553928006

   Kaz: we still need the concrete text for message
   ... let's work on final text with Sebastian
   ... anyone else please put your comment on the GitHub issue
   ... let's revisit it next week
   ... next issue
   [11]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17
   ... got consensus to tweet like CSS working group
   ... I can bring that to MARCOM team
   ... will check with Sebastian first
   ... next issue
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/18
   ... was progress report
   ... Taki and Ege will work together on this issue

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17
     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/18

   Ege: no progress yet
   ... just some history material from Sebastian

   Kaz: next issue
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16
   ... let's talk about this next week

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16

Wikipedia

   Ege: worked on TD wikipedia page
   ... I have done a PR
   ... prepared initial TD page
   ... 2 examples: HTTP and MQTT
   ... also explain interaction affordances

   <ege> [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/20

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/20

   Ege: quick intro in wikipedia style
   ... [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/20
   ... I believe we can merge it
   ... with OK we can submit new information "for review"
   ... any comment w.r.t. PR ?

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/20

   DP: How to proceed?

   Kaz: discussion in this call, in main call and probably with
   MARCOM team

   Ege: Shall we merge PR 20?

   Kaz: Image in PR is difficult to review

   Ege: proposal: get "raw version" and copy it in any wikipedia
   page editing

   <ege>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/wikipedia

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/wikipedia

   Ege: mentioned how this is done. also mentioned readme in
   wikipedia folder
   ... can bring it to the TD call tomorrow

   Kaz: Taki, is it OK to review this PR during the TD call
   tomorrow?

   Taki: sounds good

   Dave: at the top of the current wikipedia article for "Web of
   Things", there are several issues pointed out.
   ... how can we avoid this kind of issues?

   <ege>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/wikipedia/
   dom_guinard_email.md

     [17]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/wikipedia/dom_guinard_email.md

   Ege: as soon as we have multiple contributors I tend to agree
   we can remove these "issues"
   ... Dominique gave feedback already

   Kaz: having Dominique during the TD call tomorrow to check the
   article would be great but maybe difficult. Ege, can you check
   with him separately?

   Ege: will check with Dominique again

   Kaz: Thanks. It would be better to confirm there is no issue
   before publishing the article.

   Ege: Yes
   ... Please note that there is no issue with the wikipedia
   article for TD.

   <kaz> [Kaz's clarification: Web of Things article to be checked
   with Dom; Thing Description article to be reviewed during the
   TD call tomorrow]

Landing page

   Dave: updated the WoT Landing page and the WoT IG page for the
   short-term issues

   <kaz> [18]Issue 1

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/1

   <ege> [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/

   Dave: on landing page ... rechartered recently... link to new
   charter
   ... added same information in the middle text

   Kaz: Please note that "kaz@w3.org" is unfortunately not my
   email address. Please use "ashimura@w3.org" instead.

   Dave: will fix that after call

   <kaz> [20]Issue 2

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/2

   <kaz> [21]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

   Dave: on IG page: new entry "TPAC Update"

   <ege>
   [22]https://www.w3.org/blog/wotig/2019/11/21/web-of-things-tpac
   -update/

     [22]
https://www.w3.org/blog/wotig/2019/11/21/web-of-things-tpac-update/

   Dave: example TD is image.. not very accessible
   ... In the future we need to think about archiving
   ... should not throw pages away

   Kaz: Footer still mentions Yingying as part of the Team
   Contacts.

   Dave: can fix that as well
   ... posts in future: How do we want to get feedback

   Ege: maybe something like follow us on Twitter

   <kaz> [23]Issue 17

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17

   <kaz> kaz: after resolving Issue 17 above, we can revisit that
   point

   Kaz: Any other update/comment ?
   ... if not, let's adjourn the call
   ... please review Ege's PR for the wikipedia article

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/11/21 15:59:24 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 21 November 2019 16:01:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:54 UTC