W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > November 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 20 November 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 23:48:26 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XTZNtf+eg1JmwT5LFS1srY4YMvUCTLw2AK4b4k-vps3w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/11/20-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

20 Nov 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#20_Nov_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Lucas_Bonvin, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Ege_Korkan, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Koster,
          Taki_Kamiya, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Dave_Raggett, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets
          Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          Kaz

   Scribe
          TK

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Feedback from the IRTF workshop (Nov. 15) and the
            IETF hackathon (Nov. 16-17)
         2. [5]MEIG joint call
         3. [6]WG Charter
         4. [7]Lucas's presentation
         5. [8]Marketing
         6. [9]Other TF reports
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: taki

   <scribe> Scribe: TK

   Kaz: We have Lucas today

   Lucas: University of applied science in Switzerland.

   Kaz: He would like to make contributions.
   ... McCool and Sebastian (co-chairs) unfortunately can not join
   this call.

Feedback from the IRTF workshop (Nov. 15) and the IETF hackathon
(Nov. 16-17)

   Kaz: Feedback from IRTF/IETF meetings.

   Toumura: Last Friday, we had workshop.

   <ktoumura> [12]Joint workshop page

     [12] https://github.com/t2trg/2019-11-singapore

   Toumura-san is presenting...

   Toumura is showing agenda of joint meeting...

   Toumura: McCool presented WoT status, roadmap.
   ... Koster introduced OneDM.
   ... Can Koster report on this?

   Koster: Lots of discussion. I presented slides.
   ... Need for alignment for lots of semantics efforts.

   <ktoumura> [13]Koster's slides

     [13]
https://github.com/t2trg/2019-11-singapore/blob/master/slides/21-IETF106-T2TRG-WS-Semantics.pdf

   Koster: We made decent outreach.
   ... 30 slides deck.
   ... This is summary of OneDM.
   ... There is an example toward the end.
   ... including an example of how TD can use OneDM.
   ... also, Semantic proxy.
   ... OneDM creates semantic description. e.g. temperature
   sensor, etc.
   ... Those annotations come from OneDM.
   ... Idea is to put all terminologies in one place.
   ... You can put into TD, and can be used for discovery.
   ... You do not even have to use iotschema.org.
   ... You can generate iotschema definition from OneDM. I am
   working on it.
   ... Disadvantage is that you get JSON model with OneDM.
   ... There is already alignment OneDM, iotschema and WoT.

   Toumura: McCool's presentation slides starts with similar
   slides presented in TPAC.
   ... He talked about OneDM integration.
   ... I created a discovery idea for hackathon.

   <ktoumura> [14]other slides

     [14] https://github.com/t2trg/2019-11-singapore/tree/master/slides

   Toumura: There are more slides in the same directory.
   ... That's all.

   <inserted> kaz: any comment about the IETF Hackathon part?

   Toumura: Hackathon. I implemented some discovery mechanisms
   using CoRE directory.

   Koster: We looked at strategies of using OneDM and WoT.
   ... Common semantics can be foundation of virtual things, for
   example.
   ... TD can be generated.

   <ktoumura> [15]Semantic proxy in Hackathon

     [15]
https://github.com/t2trg/wishi/blob/master/slides/ietf106/SemanticProxy.pdf

   Koster: Applications do not have to know about protocols.
   ... We validated how this works in hackathon.
   ... This is related to WoT WG new charter as well.

   Koster showing an example of take SDF, frame it with JSON-LD,
   then use shape it with RDF shape document, in order to generate
   iotschema definition.

   Koster: There is an issue of how to construct URI for terms in
   SDF.

   Koster is showing an example TD...

   Koster: We gave enums gave URIs. Types are late-bound.

   Toumura: In hackathon, I and McCool presented discovery.
   ... We drafted discovery document.

   <ktoumura> [16]discovery proposal

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/wot-discovery.md

   Toumura-san is showing WoT Discovery proposal draft.

   Toumura: Carsten Bormann also helped.

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask Koster about the next steps,
   e.g., during TD call or a new TF

   Kaz: Do you have any ideas for the next steps, Koster?

   Koster: Let's create an action item for this.
   ... Timing is perfect, given that we soon will re-charter.
   ... Brick and automotive stuff are also related.

   <kaz> ACTION: Koster to work with McCool and Sebastian (and
   others) for the next steps of OneDM collaboration

   Kaz: any comments?

   <kaz> (none)

MEIG joint call

   Kaz: MEIG would like to use the Dec-3 call for their own
   topics, so we should aim the other candidate dates/times.
   ... We created a doodle poll to gather people's availability.
   ... All slots are fine by the WoT guys so far, and I'll ask the
   MEIG guys about their availability.
   ... During the joint call, we can make our presentations on
   WoT, and they can make their presentations on
   Media&Entertainment.
   ... any questions?

   <kaz> (none)

WG Charter

   <kaz> [17]Proposed WG Charter

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/proposed-wot-wg-charter-2019.html

   Kaz: Proposed charter was sent to the AC review.
   ... Please ask your AC reps to respond. We need 20 votes at
   least.
   ... We have 5 votes so far.

Lucas's presentation

   Lucas started presentation...

   <kaz> @@@Slides URL tbd

   Lucas: about cloud.io. Cloud and IoT. Michael Clausen also
   helped.
   ... I am working on second version.
   ... why cloud.io? we are research institute.
   ... we wanted one solution for many of our projects.
   ... two roles. Endpoint and users/application. Users are owners
   of Things.
   ... architecture. everything is based on microservices with a
   broker.
   ... There are endpoints. MQTT monitors endpoints.
   ... This architecture is based on version 1.0.
   ... There is backend. Two DBs. MongoDB and InfluxDB. We can
   make digital twins.
   ... Influx is for logs and history.
   ... Data model. Endpoints can have many nodes. Nodes can have
   objects.

   Lucas is showing object model in JSON...

   Lucas: I try to improve on this.
   ... First I did RESTful API, remote execution.
   ... Standardization is missing in IoT cloud.
   ... Fully open sourced.

   Lucas showing cloud.io node and corresponding Wot version of
   node...

   Lucas: For more details, please see github.com/cloudio-project
   ... I am going to write a paper for a conference.

   <ege> mentioned conference: [18]http://iotbds.org/

     [18] http://iotbds.org/

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about the relationship between
   cloud.io framework and Lucas's extension

   Kaz: wondering about the relationship between cloud.io and your
   thesis. The Cloud.io project is a bigger project than your
   work. Right?

   Lucas: Right. Cloud.io is the whole framework. I am doing IoT
   part.

   Ege: I am interested in MQTT part.

   Lucas: note that AMQP is not available for end-users, MQTT is
   available.

   Ege: I saw one TD in your slides. I need more explanation.

   Kaz: Details can be discussed during the TD call.
   ... any other questions?

   <kaz> (none)

Marketing

   <kaz> [19]Sebastian's write-up

     [19]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2019Nov/0023.html

   Ege: We want to reach resolution.
   ... When we want to make changes to websites, can the TF do it
   ourselves?
   ... Or when we want to tweet.

   Kaz: I still think getting the whole group's consensus is
   needed. Note that today we miss some of the key participants.
   So let's concentrate on the concrete issues listed here, i.e.,
   Issue 19, 18, 17.

   Ege: OK. Until the Marketing TF is given rights, we need
   approval from WoT WG as a whole.

   <ege> [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

   Ege: Issue #19. Web sites are using different designs. We need
   a single design.
   ... We want to submit this issue to W3C teams.

   Daniel: We should ask MarComm team if we can make this change
   together.

   Ege: MarComm is working on re-designs of websites.
   ... I hear no objections.
   ... Issue #19 was approved.

   <ege>
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19#issuecomment
   -553928006

     [21]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19#issuecomment-553928006

   <kaz> proposal: the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work
   on the message for Issue 19

   <kaz> (no objections)

   RESOLUTION: the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work on
   the message for Issue 19

   <ege> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17

   Ege: Issue #17.

   <ege>
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17#issuecomment
   -553940800

     [23]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/17#issuecomment-553940800

   Ege: We want to have social media presence.
   ... We need a social media account.
   ... "w3c wot", for example.
   ... We can post a message when we have PlugFest, for example.
   ... CSS WG already have twitter account.
   ... We also want to have one.

   <kaz> proposal: the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work
   on the possible Twitter account for WoT as described in issue
   17

   Ege: Can we discuss with MarComm and CSS WG?

   <kaz> (no objections)

   RESOLUTION: the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work on
   the possible Twitter account for WoT as described in issue 17

   <kaz> [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/18

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/18

   Ege: No resolution is necessary for Issue #18.

   <inserted> kaz: this is rather a simple progress report.

   Ege: Taki and I will work on this.

   <kaz> [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16

   Ege: Issue #16.
   ... Technologies for websites.
   ... Proposal is to have a single technologies for websites. We
   propose to use GitHub.

   Kaz: We need to get consensus within TF first.

   Ege: We got approval for #17 and #19.

   Kaz: any comments?

   <kaz> (none)

Other TF reports

   Kaz: Any urgent issues from other TFs?

   <ege> [26]https://w3c.github.io/wot-binding-templates/

     [26] https://w3c.github.io/wot-binding-templates/

   Ege: For binding, we merged PRs for vocabularies. I am doing
   CoAP vocabulary. After that, we plan to publish a new Working
   Group Note.
   ... Please see the latest editors draft.

   Kaz: After getting TF's approval, we can make a decision to
   publish in this main call.
   ... Let's adjourn this call unless any other urgent points.
   ... There is no PlugFest call today.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Koster to work with McCool and Sebastian (and
   others) for the next steps of OneDM collaboration

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [27]the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work on the
       message for Issue 19
    2. [28]the WoT WG/IG approves the Marketing TF to work on the
       possible Twitter account for WoT as described in issue 17

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/11/20 14:35:56 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 20 November 2019 14:49:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:54 UTC