W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > November 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 13 November 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 23:52:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WAmqYtfkzHZh=Y=JabXLGnwGmLp1vvmbxL=gVH6XBr0w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/11/13-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Ege!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

13 Nov 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#13_Nov_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Michael_McCool, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster,
          Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Ege_Korkan,
          Daniel_Peintner, Zoltan_Kis, Takahisa_Suzuki

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          ege

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Possible collaboration with the DID WG
         3. [6]Update on IRTF Workshop and IETF Hackathon
         4. [7]Media and Entertainment IG Meeting
         5. [8]WG Charter
         6. [9]Interest from Academics
         7. [10]F2F planning
         8. [11]Marketing TF
         9. [12]Binding
        10. [13]Security
        11. [14]Thing Description
        12. [15]Scripting
        13. [16]TD call on Nov 15
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     * [18]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: ege

Agenda

   Sebastian: welcome everyone
   ... ietf, a student who wants to give update, task force
   updates, future planing
   ... a new member as well

Possible collaboration with the DID WG

   Kaz: talked with DID group's Chair, Dan Burnett
   ... DID and VC would be useful for WoT, e.g., about privacy
   management and discovery
   ... so we can improve collaboration and possibly have a joint
   call with them

   <kaz> [19]Dan's presentation on DID and VC (Member-only)

     [19]
https://www.w3.org/2019/11/11-jp-meeting/slides/Credentials-and-Identifiers-NOT-identity-W3C-Japan-20191111.pdf

   Koster+McCool: good initiative, after the discussions we had
   regarding privacy

   Sebastian: did you look on this in the security TF?

   McCool: not directly but we can look into it
   ... could be more than DID

   Sebastian: (shows the presentation linked above)

   Kaz: I can explain the concept, etc., but would be better to
   have Dan himself presenting it at some point :)

Update on IRTF Workshop and IETF Hackathon

   <kaz> [20]IRTF Workshop page

     [20] https://github.com/t2trg/2019-11-singapore

   Sebastian: Any update about IETF since you are in Singapore

   McCool: Friday will be the workshop
   ... Singapore city is not able to participate this time

   McCool: there will be One Data Model introduction as well
   ... instead of attending the TD Call, I would suggest that
   people participate in the call at 14:45 topic in the IETF
   hackathon

   Sebastian: Koster will present the oneDM ?

   Koster: yes, the slides will be available

   Sebastian: should we cancel the TD meeting on friday so that
   people join the IRTF workshop session?

   Ege: I wanted to talk regarding publication of the binding
   templates during the TD/Binding call on Nov. 15

   Sebastian: we can use the last 30 mins of the TD/Binding call
   for the discussion

   Ege: BTW, I cannot add Koster to the reviewers list

   <kaz> ACTION: Kaz will work with Ege to clarify the reviewer
   assign issue for wot-binding-templates repo

   Sebastian: then we will definitely have a call in this case

   Koster: how to use TDs for proxies

   Ege: I have an implementation that uses TD for a proxy
   configuration, called virtual-thing

   <kaz> [21]IETF Hackathon page

     [21] https://github.com/t2trg/wishi/wiki/IETF-106-Hackathon

   Sebastian: McCool, any updates on the hackathon?

   McCool: we want to have STF-based annotations in TDs
   ... take some TDs and manually annotate them

   Sebastian: what about eventing?

   McCool: it is in Toumura-san's slides, I need to update
   ... I will invite (some people ?) regarding this

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to remind everybody of the registration
   sites

   Sebastian: If you are joining on Friday, you can use the
   [22]registration site on the IRTF workshop page to get
   registered
   ... registration is encouraged even if the deadline is over

     [22] https://forms.gle/U33jvtFgotWmxcGQ9

   Kaz: The IRTF Workshop page says remote participants should be
   also registered.

   McCool: Note that no need to register to the IETF hackathon.
   Registration needed only for the IRTF workshop

Media and Entertainment IG Meeting

   Kaz: we need to identify possible dates
   ... so please respond to the doodle poll

   <sebastian_> [23]https://doodle.com/poll/724dnmwr38rga8e7

     [23] https://doodle.com/poll/724dnmwr38rga8e7

   <sebastian_> please vote until next week Wednesday

WG Charter

   Sebastian: got one review and waiting for another from the W3C
   Management regarding the charter

   McCool: charter call is one hour earlier in japan time
   ... but will happen only if there is review from W3M which
   requires significant changes

   <kaz> (possible Charter call tomorrow, Nov. 13 at 4am PST, 7am
   EST, noon UK, 1pm CET, 2pm EET, 9pm JST)

   McCool: so check your emails

   Sebastian: remind your AC reps to vote when the AC review
   starts
   ... FYI, Adobe has just joined the WoT IG as well
   ... they are active in JSON-LD for example

Interest from Academics

   Sebastian: interest from a student named Lucas Bonvin, who is
   working on a master's thesis
   ... should we invite him to the next WoT main call?

   Kaz: sure, it would be a good starting point

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to respond to Lucas and invite him to the
   next main call

F2F planning

   Sebastian: possibilities to host the F2F
   ... helsinki with intel, UK with Mozilla or india with Siemens
   but India might be complicated

   McCool: we should decide soon, intel needs 3 months to organize
   such things

   Sebastian: if you have some other ideas, feel free to propose
   ... maybe collaboration with T2TRG or OPC foundation

   McCool: I will talk with T2TRG this friday

   Sebastian: Ericsson would be also possible

   [24]https://icwe2020.webengineering.org/

     [24] https://icwe2020.webengineering.org/

   Ege: this conference also takes place in helsinki, in June and
   has a WoT Track

   McCool: please send an email about it as well

Marketing TF

   <kaz> [25]Marketing minutes

     [25] https://www.w3.org/2019/11/07-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: TF update about marketing

   <kaz> [26]Issue template

     [26]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/feature-issueTemplate.md

   [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/19

   [28]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/16

   Ege: (explains the issue pipeline for the websites)

   Sebastian: So this would be brought to the W3C MarComm Team
   later (after getting the WoT WG's resolution)

   Kaz: yes, let's go for this direction

   Ege: you can also use this template upon clicking on new issue

   Sebastian: any objections on this approach?

   McCool: sounds ok to me

   (no objections)

Binding

   [29]https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-binding-templat
   es/pull/79.html

     [29]
https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/pull/79.html

   Sebastian: please review the PR

Security

   McCool: oliver has given feedback on the security topics

Thing Description

   Taki: Asking Matthias for information regarding IANA
   registration

   Kaz: if we don't get any response from Matthias, I'll check the
   situation on the IANA side for him.

Scripting

   <zkis> Scripting & TD:
   [30]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/839

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/839

TD call on Nov 15

   Sebastian: TD call will start 1.5 hour later on Nov. 15

   Kaz: We'll talk about the Binding topics as well. Right?

   Sebastian: Yes, including the Binding discussions.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to respond to Lucas and invite him to the
   next main call
   [NEW] ACTION: Kaz will work with Ege to clarify the reviewer
   assign issue for wot-binding-templates repo

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([32]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/11/13 14:48:20 $

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 13 November 2019 14:53:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:54 UTC