W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > May 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 3 May 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 00:51:49 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Xkb3aam-CUAT6+JbYAweeY71mPNzJSkt7bbJCmzw064g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/05/03-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

03 May 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/03-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          DanhLePhuoc, Yingying_Chen, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Elena_Resetova,
          Feng_Zhang, Maria_Poveda, Michael_McCool,
          Keiichi_Tokuyama, Uday_Davuluru, Zoltan_Kis,
          Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya, Darko_Anicic, DarkoAnicic,
          Achille_Zappa, Nan_Wang, Johannes_Hund, Yongjing_Zhan,
          Yongjing_Zhang

   Regrets
          Matthias, Kajimoto

   Chair
          Michael_McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]T2TRG in Prague
         2. [6]Industry Day Event during oneM2M TP#29 in Shenzhen
         3. [7]OpenIoT Event in Beijing
         4. [8]Doodle polls
         5. [9]Osaka f2f
         6. [10]WG TF report
         7. [11]IG TF report
         8. [12]Agenda for the next call
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

T2TRG in Prague

   McCool: Michael Koster, any update?
   ... any link to refer to?

   [15]IETF 99 meeting agenda (draft)

     [15] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/

   Koster: meeting on Saturday/Sunday in Prague
   ... a lot of things happening

   McCool: what is the actual date for the IETF 99 meeting?

   Koster: 15-16 July
   ... assuming I'll attend the meeting on Sunday

   McCool: ok

Industry Day Event during oneM2M TP#29 in Shenzhen

   [16]oneM2M Industry Day

     [16] http://www.onem2m.org/news-events/events/eventdetail/53/20/onem2m-industry-day

   McCool: let's collect presentations on WoT on the GitHub repo
   ... will work with Kaz for that purpose

   yz: ok
   ... can add some more slides after the Osaka meeting

   McCool: maybe we can have a marketing session during the f2f
   meeting

OpenIoT Event in Beijing

   [17]OpenIoT page

     [17] http://www.chinaw3c.org/iot2017-summit.html

   kaz: Alan, Judy, Dave and myself attended
   ... Alan about W3C in general, Judy about accessibility
   ... Dave about summary of WoT and demo, myself taked about the
   detail of the W3C WoT work and also some topics on the W3C
   Automotive (based on the request from the event organizer)

Doodle polls

   McCool: doodle done for the OCF TF and the Security TF
   ... OCF call on Monday at 10pm in Japan, 9am US Eastern, 3pm
   Europe
   ... Security call on Friday at 9pm in Japan, 8am in US Eastern,
   2pm in Europe
   ... Kaz will provide the webex coordinate for those calls

   Koster: asking my management about my participation in the
   security work

   McCool: any presentation today?

   (none)

Osaka f2f

   [18]registration results (Member-only)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/resuls/

   McCool: got 43 attendees
   ... 21 will attend all the days
   ... 9 will be on 16-19

   Koster: will get registered, though will remotely attend

   McCool: ok
   ... agenda draft

   [19]topics for f2f

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Input

   McCool: please put down your required time on your topics
   ... also the timing
   ... e.g., openfog discussion should be held in the afternoon
   ... (adding "marketing and outreach" to the agenda items list)
   ... getting close to the final agenda
   ... security discussion including Elena
   ... IIC security model, etc.
   ... will talk with Elena about who will talk about what

   kaz: will Elena attend in person?

   elena: unfortunately, can't make it
   ... but will join remotely

   McCool: please send your latest resource
   ... let's put the resources under w3c/wot/security-privacy repo
   ... using pullrequest is fine
   ... any comments on the agenda?

   (none)

   kaz: any update from the Panasonic side?

   (none)

   jh: would add a third topic for scripting
   ... in afternoon so that people from Europe can join remotely

   Koster: also add some topics
   ... OCF protocol binding

   kaz: please add your topics with your estimated time

   Koster: ok

   McCool: let's move forward to the PlugFest preparation

   [20]PlugFest wiki

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#PlugFest

   McCool: let's check the detail next week

WG TF report

   McCool: Scripting?

   [21]Summary of the Scripting call on May 9 (Member-only)

     [21] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017May/0006.html

   jh: talked about pr 21
   ... interop testing
   ... also exploratory implementation
   ... input for discussion for breakouts
   ... encourage people to implement new version

   McCool: binding template?

   Koster: working on the OCF binding template
   ... binding template and driver code

   uday: had chat with Matthias about this
   ... thinking of something concrete for Osaka meeting
   ... some formulation

   Koster: definitely will share my views with you

   uday: discussion during Osaka meeting?

   Koster: we should share our ideas with each other beforehand

   uday: will get back to Matthias as well

   McCool: anyone working on implementation based on the OCF work?
   ... probably I and Zoltan should talk with each other
   beforehand
   ... there is some simple stuff already
   ... will take one of them

   Koster: some example already there?

   McCool: yes, already available under IoTivity

   Koster: ok

   uday: can show something not for this Osaka meeting but for the
   July meeting
   ... is the resource public or OCF Member-only?

   <McCool>
   [22]https://openconnectivity.org/resources/specifications/draft
   -candidate-specifications

     [22] https://openconnectivity.org/resources/specifications/draft-candidate-specifications

   McCool: (visits the OCF site to see the resource)
   ... (visits IoTivity GitHub)

   [23]https://www.iotivity.org/documentation/linux/getting-starte
   d IoTivity GitHub

     [23] https://www.iotivity.org/documentation/linux/getting-started

   Koster: Node.js interface for IoTivity as well

   <zkis> [24]https://github.com/otcshare/iotivity-node

     [24] https://github.com/otcshare/iotivity-node

   McCool: suggest using Gerrit version

   zk: suggest the iotivity node which mk mentioned too
   ... that's enough for demo

   Koster: there are some examples
   ... device simulators, etc.

   zk: OCF implementation based on IoT constraints
   ... could be useful

   <zkis> [25]https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

     [25] https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

   <zkis>
   [26]https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

     [26] https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

   <McCool> [27]https://github.com/iotivity/iotivity-constrained

     [27] https://github.com/iotivity/iotivity-constrained

   kaz: just for clarification since there are multiple links above
   ... which resource you meant?

   zk: links for the IoT constraint work I meant are:

   <zkis> [28]https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

     [28] https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js

   <zkis>
   [29]https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

     [29] https://github.com/01org/zephyr.js/blob/master/docs/ocf.md

IG TF report

   McCool: synchronization?

   (none)

   McCool: linked data and semantics?

   darko: need to organize a slot for the LD discussion during the
   Osaka meeting

   <DarkoAnicic> TF Charter:
   [30]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

   McCool: any update on JSON-LD?

   darko: not yet
   ... discussing TD ontology now

Agenda for the next call

   McCool: application contract by Dave

   darko: we should prepare for the f2f meeting breakout
   ... please visit the TF LD charter at:
   [31]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md
   ... first topic is application contracts
   ... 2nd is TD recipes
   ... then Extensibility of TD with domain specific vocabularies
   ... semantic processing
   ... semantic/linked data tool chains
   ... possibly put together as an IG Note
   ... for the Osaka meeting, we'll provide basic ideas about
   those

     [31] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

   McCool: there will be a call on Friday
   ... any other agenda items for the future calls?
   ... we need to think about PlugFest preparation
   ... also any other questions?
   ... any other business?

   (none)

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [32]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([33]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/05/03 13:51:27 $

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for WoT, TV and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Thursday, 4 May 2017 15:53:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:47 UTC