W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > May 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 10 May 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:34:22 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VwjP_r=tg-briitLpfJtd5wPeYacO+A_DbaRiY4xwmoQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

10 May 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Barry_Leiba, Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett,
          Elena_Reshetova, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Kazuaki_Nimura, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Maria_Poveda, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takeshi_Yamada, Taki_Kamiya,
          Uday_Davuluru, Yingying_Chen, Yongjing_Zhang, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          Daniel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Security TF and OCF Liaison TF update
         3. [6]Osaka F2F
         4. [7]PlugFest
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   <mkovatsc>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   Matthias: Agenda updated recently,
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
   ... T2T updates
   ... any other quick updates?

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <none heard>

   McCool: w.r.t. agenda. I do have updates on security task force

   <mkovatsc>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#10_May_2017

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#10_May_2017

   Matthias: In the agenda there is link to t2t landing page
   ... contains information about meeting in Prague

   <kaz> [13]T2TRG in Prague landing page

     [13] https://t2trg.github.io/

   <mkovatsc> [14]https://github.com/t2trg/2017-07-wishi Workshop
   on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability

     [14] https://github.com/t2trg/2017-07-wishi

   <mkovatsc> [15]https://goo.gl/forms/yUTebqK9C84Ef01i2

     [15] https://goo.gl/forms/yUTebqK9C84Ef01i2

   Matthias: if you plan to attend fill out registration link (see
   above)
   ... Questions? Contact Ari

Security TF and OCF Liaison TF update

   Matthias: FYI.. meetings have started
   ... see login information on wiki page
   ... discussed presentation about OCF
   ... discussed OCF demo mapping
   ... no protocol binding in place yet
   ... MKoster send out strawman
   ... hope to have some stuff done till end of F2F
   ... Elena send PR
   ... please also add issues if you have any
   ... Question about protocol binding
   ... need information for breakout session

   McCool: Koster distributed a first draft
   ... we lack examples..

   <kaz> [16]Michael Koster's write up

     [16] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017May/0010.html

   Matthias: Input would be great till breakout on Wednesday

   Koster: Please take a look on what i send out

   Matthias: Will do so
   ... Uday can you also check what Michael send out

   Uday: ok

Osaka F2F

   <kaz> [17]registration results

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/results

   Matthias: we do have a lot of attendees by now

   Kaz: 51 people registered
   ... some remotely.. most will be there
   ... chairs call issues: possible expected place for PlugFest
   preparation on Sunday
   ... another problem how to get Panasonic facility on Monday
   ... can send information about the way to Panasonic if needed

   Matthias: we do have already a nice map with links how to get
   there

   <mkovatsc> [18]access map to Panasonic

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/e/ee/Panasonic_access_map.pdf

   Kaz: if people's hotels are included in the above map, there is
   no problem :)

   <dsr> The ICOCA card + HARUKA discount ticket looks attractive
   for people from outside of Japan.

   McCool: Organizers wanted to have poster for demo

   <barryleiba> Does Uber work in Osaka?

   McCool: would need information by Friday (Panasonic could
   organize printing)

   Johannes: Unfortunatley I cannot get to Osaka..

   <McCool> to barry: no, but taxis are easy to get... best to
   bring a printed map, though

   Johannes: i have a hotel close to meeting.. if needed

   <barryleiba> OK, tx.

   Johannes: Zoltan and I will try to organize scripting
   discussions

   Matthias: Wonder about Sunday? Sebastian and I are there
   ... meet in lobby?
   ... where could we meet

   McCool: We assume Matthias' hotel
   ... you have network stuff..
   ... we will try to be there

   Matthias: Will add information to wiki about hotel

   <mkovatsc>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka
   ,_Japan#Agenda

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

   Matthias: Important to discuss Osaka agenda (see link above)

   <mkovatsc>
   [20]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka
   ,_Japan#Agenda

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Agenda

   Matthias: tried to schedule most things in the afternoon
   ... scripting and security in afternoon (leads participate
   remotely)

   <MK shares agenda screen>

   Matthias: will add information for Sunday
   ... Plugfest on Monday (open 9 am)
   ... Tueday open day
   ... scheduled already
   ... minor change.. added security slot
   ... Wednesday starts technical work
   ... starts with reflecting TD building blocks
   ... Barry from T2T

   Sebastian: Maria joining call.. can we shift TD discussion

   Maria: Wednesday at 2 am ?
   ... guess i can connect..
   ... aligned with linked data task force?

   Matthias: linked data task force on Thursay (9am ECT)

   Yongjing: need for my topics TD experts involved

   Matthias: slot about HATEOS (synced with Johannes)
   ... afternoon scripting
   ... in parallel security topic

   McCool: Suggestion about security.. split?

   Matthias: Did split as asked in wiki
   ... Thursday OCF review in the morning
   ... M Koster ... from where are u participating ?

   Koster: from home.. so whole slot is fine for me

   Matthias: morning also TD , data types
   ... we have free slot starting from 11 am... if needed
   ... afternoon scripting API
   ... check other relevant slots/topics

   Johannes: wrt. to scripting .. ask people from XYZ to join this
   slot
   ... in parallel security sesssion
   ... late afternoon about TD serialization

   Sebastian: wonder about CBOR tags... do we have a presenter?

   Matthias: not sure.. can check with Carsten

   <mjkoster>
   [21]https://github.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-binding/blob/maste
   r/link-format-td-v2.json

     [21] https://github.com/mjkoster/wot-protocol-binding/blob/master/link-format-td-v2.json

   McCool: On Friday I plan to have a discussion about use cases

   Matthias: Friday starts with summaries and next steps
   ... ask task force leads to be prepared
   ... after that use case discussion
   ... in the afternoon revisit topic about marketing
   ... also discussion about web pages

   McCool: w.r.t presentation material. created new place on
   github

   Matthias: at 4 pm next meeting discussions

   <McCool>
   [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

   <McCool> (collection of presentation material so far...)

   Matthias: please have a look at agenda
   ... comment if there are issues/conflicts

   Kaz: 2 small topics
   ... 1. automotive on open day... got confirmation and I myself
   will give that talk
   ... 2. created dedicated mailing list just for the f2f
   attendees
   ... will use this list for restaurant announcements et cetera

   Naka: w.r.t. Open Day... Mr. Yamasaki can join from 3pm on

   Matthias: Having a longer break?

   <MK shifts slots>

   <kaz> lunch till 1:30pm, yamasaki-san 3:30-4pm, yongjing
   4pm-4:30pm

   <inserted> demo place is 45 mins by train from the meeting
   venue

PlugFest

   Matthias: a bit late
   ... working on TD for TestThing
   ... also including complex types
   ... later today/tomorrow we can share TD
   ... question by implementers?
   ... how many implementers are in the call

   McCool: I am on the call.. need to catch up.. I do understand
   the plan

   Koster: how is reference TD distributed?

   Matthias: will send to mailinglist... include also link to
   github
   ... maybe also CP document

   McCool: we are behind schedule. We hope to have OCF wrapper by
   end of F2F

   Matthias: still PlugFest feedback

   Naka: will provide same demo as last time

   <barryleiba> I have to drop off...

   Matthias: Maybe we can try to join the PlugFest... avoiding
   close system
   ... Nimura-san.... what about your PlugFest plans?

   <k_nimura> I have audio problem

   <k_nimura> ok

   Matthias: KDDI on the call?

   Kaz: none
   ... talked to AC rep from KDDI
   ... think they have a plan to bring chirimen board which has
   interface for GPIO
   ... Star Micro presentation planned... with small printer
   (e.g., for receipts)

   Matthias: any more questions? Logistics unclear?

   Johannes: will there be remote participation information on
   wiki?

   Matthias: for any remote participant please add your name to
   wiki agenda
   ... do rooms have audio setup?
   ... can bring 1 Jabra

   McCool: can bring one too

   Matthias: see most of you in Japan!

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/05/10 13:33:38 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 10 May 2017 13:35:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:47 UTC