W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2017

[wot-ig] minutes - 11 January 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 00:48:43 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9ViLxoSBftZaUq=gqLRj5d7mXnyKwhd23wAZwWghs5vig@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Cc: public-wot-wg@w3.org
Hi WoT IG
CCing WoT WG

The minutes from today's IG call are available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Darko!

Please note that we'll stick with holding the WoT calls as
the joint calls of both the IG and the WG, and details of how
to handle the calls will be discussed during the WG/IG co-chairs
calls.

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            Web of Things IG

11 Jan 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Feng_Zhang, Frank_Reusch,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kaz_Ashimura, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Keiichi_Tokuyama, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryan_Ware,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takeshi_Yamada, Takuki_Kamiya,
          Uday_Davuluru, Yingying_Chen, Yongjing_Zhang

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias, Yongjing

   Scribe
          DarkoAnicic

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Quick Updates
         2. [6]WG Calls
         3. [7]F2F Logistics
         4. [8]oneM2M Liaison
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_Wo
   T_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017

     [11]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017

Quick Updates

   <inserted> scribe: DarkoAnicic

   Matthias: we have WG pages, please have a look
   ... any update since the last call?
   ... there was a progress on collaboration with Industry 4.0.

   McCool: are there any IP issue to collaborate with I4.0

   Matthias: it is still unclear, but we are working on this.

   <mkovatsc> [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

   Matthias: W3C stuff and the WG chair had a call where issues
   related to the web page were discussed

   <McCool> comment from McCool: still have some basic content to
   generate for the WG page, I see

   Matthias: regarding GitHub, it is nice to have one repo per
   deliverable, fine tagging etc.

   kaz: we should have a new Git repository for the WG.
   Additionally we can copy certain content from the IG repo.

   <kaz> [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

   McCool: the existing IG repo still have a number of issues and
   other material that require care

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to do an initial clean up of the pages
   [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - Do an initial clean up of the
   pages [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-01-18].

   <mkovatsc> [15]https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

   This is the repository where we will create issues for the WG.
   We should have also a top page summing up issues etc.

   <kaz> [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/

   <mkovatsc> [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/ -->
   [18]https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories broken

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/
     [18] https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories

   <yongjing>
   [19]https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories

     [19] https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories

   Matthias: this is the page where the repositories will be
   listed but they do not exist yet

   <yongjing> we can put [20]https://github.com/w3c/wotwg instead

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

   <kaz> [21]Web Performance page as an example

     [21] https://www.w3.org/webperf/

   <kaz> [22]GitHub issue on the WoT WG page

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wotwg/issues/1

WG Calls

   Matthias: we need 2 type of calls: one joint call with IG and
   another one for the WG
   ... we need an additional time slot. Your opinion?

   yongjing: we can start with WG calls and at the later parts of
   these calls we can spare some time for IG topics. Hard to find
   a dedicated slot for IG calls

   Matthias: +1 to yongjing's proposal

   sebastian: participants of this call are mostly members of the
   WG, so +1 too

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to does a joined call work w.r.t to
   policies et cetera (question to W3C). I would be in favor of
   having ONE call

   kaz: we can invite IG members to certain WG calls and vice
   versa (if chairs are fine with this)

   Matthias: most of the work is public anyway
   ... we stick with joint calls, and details are discussed in
   co-chairs calls

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: will create a Doodle poll for the co-Chairs calls

   scribenick: DarcoAnicic

F2F Logistics

   <kaz> [23]f2f registration results

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/results

   <mkovatsc> [24]Santa Clara f2f registration site

     [24] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/

   Matthias: please register yourself

   <kaz> [ just updated the f2f wiki with the registration site
   URL:
   [25]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara#Registration ]

     [25]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Registration

   Matthias: we should reach companies and academia in Bay areas.
   ... Google will present its related projects, Brillo, Android
   Things etc.
   ... do you have any idea, whom to invite? Please think about
   it. We need interesting OpenDay presentations

   Ryan: still no detailed agenda exists

   Matthias: if we have a long OpenDay session, then we could move
   PlugFest to Tuesday

   <mkovatsc>
   [26]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

     [26]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

   <kaz> [ Kaz's note: We could have joint sessions of both the WG
   and the IG on the deliverables to be transferred on the
   Wednesday, and detailed discussion on the Thursday. ]

   McCool: I will have a session on OCF, Semantic Web-related
   stuff, architecture etc.

   DarkoAnicic: McCool, shell we work on RDF-related topics for
   the F2F meeting in April or there is already enough material
   for this F2F meeting

   sebastian: we need a detailed discussion on serialization

   kaz: shall we have a session on security topics

   McCool&Ryan: there will be

   scribenick: kaz

   kaz: also wondering about PlugFest scenarios. we should add a
   subsection under the PlugFest section of the wiki

   scribenick: DarkoAnicic

   McCool: we should have 2 scenarios, one for OneM2M and one for
   OCF

   <mkovatsc>
   [27]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_
   USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest

     [27]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest

   McCool: we just discuss possibilities to bring IoTivity-,
   node.js etc. related stuff

   <kaz> [28]AP minutes

     [28] https://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-wot-minutes.html#item016

   <kaz> [ Johannes mentioned during the AP call that he would
   send information on their Node.js implementation to Zoltan. ]

   <mkovatsc> [29]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/

     [29] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/

   mjkoster: I will attend the F2F meeting

   Matthias: details on the plugfest are yet to be defined but
   individual feature testing should be the focus

   Yongjing: oneM2M Liaison presentation - introduction, break out
   and scenario

   Matthias: AP TF decided to keep its specification for the
   upcoming PlugFest, TD will change

   kaz: an update from the Automotive WG to be put on the agenda
   for F2F

oneM2M Liaison

   Yongjing: gives a presentation on oneM2M and Liaison with
   oneM2M

   <kaz> [30]oneM2M Liaison Statement

     [30]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jan/att-0004/TP-2016-0294R01-LS_to_W3C_WoT.pdf

   kaz: I will put you, Yongjing, as the contact for Liaison with
   OneM2M

   <kaz> [31]W3C Liaison page

     [31] https://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison

   Kaz: on the W3C side, all three W3C stuff members will be on
   the W3C Liaison page

   scribenick: kaz

   Yongjing: regarding oneM2M spec implementers, there are oneM2M
   Members do that and some of them are also W3C Members

   <kaz> [32]oneM2M member list

     [32] http://www.onem2m.org/membership/current-members

   Yongjing: wonders how/where to put the liaison statement
   information ont GitHub, etc.

   Kaz: we already have a dedicated wiki page for Liaison contact
   information, so we can add a link from that wiki to the WoT
   public list

   <kaz> [33]WoT Liaison Wiki

     [33]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Tracking_and_collaborating_with_IoT_industry_alliances_and_standards_development_organizations

   scribenick: DarkoAnicic

   Matthias: no further points, see you next week

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to do an initial clean up of the pages
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([36]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/01/11 15:39:09 $

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 11 January 2017 15:50:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 January 2017 15:50:01 UTC