W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2021

[wot-usecases] minutes - 25 May 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 21:37:58 +0900
Message-ID: <87czoukxcp.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/05/25-wot-uc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, McCool!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Use Cases

25 May 2021

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf#Agenda_25.5.
      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/25-wot-uc-irc

Attendees

   Present
          David_Ezell, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally,
          Michael_McCool, Philip_Tran, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          McCool

Contents

    1. [4]minutes
    2. [5]issue review
    3. [6]PRs
    4. [7]Connexxus User Stories
    5. [8]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  minutes

   <kaz> [9]May-4

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/04-wot-uc-minutes.html

   Lagally: reviews May 4 minutes

   David: hubs in retail focus on localization and portability

   McCool: edgex just an example, need to look at how to capture
   uc and requirements

   Lagally: anyway, any objections to the minutes?
   … hearing none, published

   Kaz: we also need to look at May 11 minutes

   <mlagally> [10]https://www.w3.org/2021/05/
   11-wot-uc-minutes.html

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/11-wot-uc-minutes.html

   <kaz> [11]May-11

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/11-wot-uc-minutes.html

   Lagally: review May 11 minutes
   … right, that was when Soumya presented
   … also the ITU-T liaison; I guess we are still waiting for
   their response
   … and Soumya presented several use cases that touched on AR/VR
   and edge cases
   … planned to come back with a UC contribution

   McCool: now I'm wondering if Soumya knows about the meeting
   schedule; has the wiki page been updated?

   Lagally: let me check...

   Lagally: any objection to publishing the minutes?
   … hearing none, to be published

  issue review

   Lagally: as a general comment, there are a lot of things
   commented out in the index.html that need to be filled in
   … have created issues for many of these
   … and also, added several hidden citations so references show
   up but document does not cite them in visible content
   … also, it would be better to use re-spec references as opposed
   to local ones
   … mizushima-san, do you think you can look into this?

   Mizushima: I am willing to check the links, but in some cases
   there are no data
   … for example, MMI-2.1, etc. what are these?

   Lagally: those are a bit special

   McCool: btw, MMI stands for "multimodal interface" and may or
   may not be in respec (was a CG note, I think)

   Lagally: some things we need local refs, but if is it an RFC,
   etc. there should be an official ref for that

   Kaz: we need to look at refs; but I did make a PR to update the
   publication, and some of those changes were reference fixes
   … but, respec has a bug that is introducing white space and
   breaking some things, so...

   Lagally: why don't you work with mizushima-san and see if you
   can sort out the references?

   Action: kaz to work with mizushima-san on specref database

  PRs

   <mlagally> [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/134/
   files

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/134/files

   Kaz: this updates various things for publication
   … fairly large, but we need to merge it as a basis for
   discussion

   Lagally: it's all editorial cleanup?

   Kaz: yes, and there is a summary

   <kaz> [13]summary of the changes

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/134#issue-652247919

   Kaz: fixing broken links, mention of "master" converted to
   "main", duplicate ids, etc. etc.

   Lagally: other PRs
   … cultural spaces

   <mlagally> [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/131

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/131

   Lagally: is intro contributions, as an HTML file

   Kaz: unfortunately he modified the template directly, so we
   need to fix the PR

   McCool: and we can ignore the markup and formatting for now,
   will fix when we roll up into index.html
   … I think the environmental control requirements are new here
   … it's true that art museums etc. have special requirements

   Lagally: knowledge representation of locations...

   McCool: so, geolocation?

   Lagally: related to energy consumption as well
   … also person tracking

   Lagally: so let's add some comments

   McCool: needs citation for definition of "trustworthy" and
   "trust degree" since actually uses a numerical value

   Lagally: (add comments)

   McCool: a discussion of accessibility
   … would also be useful, not sure if is already in there

   McCool: regarding the template issue, we can fix, but will
   require some cutting and pasting

   Lagally: also some discussion of welcome messages,
   environmental and lighting controls, etc.

   McCool: interesting discussion here, because you might not want
   heating/humidity to vary too much, but temporarily brightening
   lighting might be ok

   Lagally: perhaps they missed location?

   McCool: person might be given a guide that has a tracker
   … also, some museums have "linear" exhibits, some are branching
   … for location, need something more specialized to indoor

   McCool: does he mean some visitors have more rights than
   others, e.g. rights to take photographs?

   McCool: would imagine tracking artifacts is something you'd
   want to do in a museum
   … and correlate that with visitors, environmental controls,
   etc.

   Lagally: so summary, we accept it, once they mix the name
   conflict, we can revisit in next call

  Connexxus User Stories

   David: IoT group in connexxus had made progress on user stories
   … outdoor and indoor
   … are 11 in the outdoor, about 15 for indoor
   … wondering if we can make use of some of these here
   … have identified stakeholders
   … end users, why do they care (what do they want to know...)
   … relates to security and discovery

   McCool: sounds like it has a lot of useful material

   Lagally: is there a presentation or summary?

   David: is a word document
   … one thing they are trying to reason about is abstracting
   these into a set of thing descriptions
   … is it possible to abstract three of these as TDs?

   Lagally: no use case meeting next week... in two weeks

   McCool: can we get access to the document?

   Lagally: more productive to have a presentation...
   … we can aim for four weeks out

   David: can't make the next meeting

   McCool: could we switch around parts of architecture and use
   case calls?

   David: that might work, I will talk to jack d about it

   Lagally: any other business?
   … no, let's adjourn; thanks, all. Note: no UC or Arch call next
   week.

Summary of action items

    1. [15]kaz to work with mizushima-san on specref database


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [16]scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html
Received on Monday, 27 September 2021 12:38:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 27 September 2021 12:38:07 UTC