W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2021

[wot-marketing] minutes - 16 February 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 16:14:54 +0900
Message-ID: <87k0qrxs41.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/02/16-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Philipp!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Marketing

16 February 2021

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Feb_16.2C_2021
      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/02/16-wot-marketing-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool,
          Philipp-Alexander_Blum, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Coralie_Mercier

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          citrullin, kaz

Contents

    1. [4]Preliminary
    2. [5]Prev minutes
    3. [6]Status animation video
    4. [7]PR 111
    5. [8]PR 120
    6. [9]Documentation page
    7. [10]Blog proposal
    8. [11]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

   Sebastian is welcoming everyone

  Preliminary

   <kaz> [12]Agenda

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Feb_16.2C_2021

   Sebastian is going through the agenda

   McCool: Can we go through the F2F?

   McCool: Added some things in discovery.

   Sebastian: We should discuss the input Philipp provided.

   Sebastian adds items to F2F Meeting March 2021

   McCool gives some input for the items

   <kaz> [13]Marketing topics for March vF2F

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_March_2021#Marketing

   McCool: Thanks for adding.

  Prev minutes

   <kaz> [14]Feb-9

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2021/02/09-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: Let's take a look into the last minutes.

   Sebastian: Animation videos. No news about it.

   Sebastian: We would like to launch the website on the first of
   march.

   Sebastian: We need to test all the features, links etc.

   Sebastian: We will add the animation video. Some updates on the
   activity pages etc.

   Sebastian: Some discussion about the documentation page.

  Status animation video

   Sebastian: Shared the video on wetransfer

   Sebastian: Some confusion with some details.

   Sebastian: The video is almost ready to get published.

   Sebastian: but the Caption file still missing.

   Sebastian: Some issues with the payment for the video. mc can
   you look into it?

   McCool: A bit complicated. Take a look into it.

   Daniel: quick question. Can we put the video on Github? Any
   limitations?

   McCool: It's just too big. That's it.

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to shall we add video to github repo
   also?

   Sebastian: Should this be on the w3c platform or on youtube. I
   don't mind both. Youtube is the better way though. More
   available for the public.

   McCool: where is a good place to archive it?

   Sebastian: Do we have an issue for it on github?

   <kaz> [15]Issue 118 - Plans for new WoT webpage launch on March
   1st

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/118

   Sebastian adds comments to issue #118

   Kaz: Regarding where to put the video files, as I explained
   several months ago, these days there're two locations: (1)
   Member-only videos for the Member-only server or (2) public
   videos on the W3C channel of GitHub. This animation video
   should be publiclly available, so it should go to GitHub.

   McCool: This video is 40MB big. Does YouTube allow us to upload
   that big video?

   Sebastian: Is there a place on the w3c with all the videos?

   Kaz: Whether 40MB video is allowed or not depends on the
   YouTube policy, I think.

   McCool: The high quality version should be archived somewhere
   as backup, in case Youtube is shrinking the quality.

   Kaz: In that case, we can put the backup on the W3C Member-only
   video server, but I'd suggest we ask Dom.

   Daniel: I don't see an issue for Youtube.

   McCool: I see an issue with the quality. I want to keep the
   original high quality video.

   Philipp: I am a bit concerned about GDPR in that context.

   Kaz: I think the W3C Team had discussion about how to use the
   YouTube service for W3C's standardization purposes, but if
   you're concerned about GDPR, etc. we should talk about this
   point as well with Coralie and Dom.

   McCool: I think Philipp is not concerned about Youtube itself,
   only about the meshup on the website.

   Kaz: We already have an email thread on how to deal with the
   animation video, so could you please ask Coralie and Dom on
   that thread?

   Sebastian: For twitter I don't see this a way to avoid it.
   Thanks Philipp for raising this.

   Philipp: common practice is to use an image and click on it.

   Daniel: This is not working for Twitter though.

   McCool: We can just take the last tweet and have a link to
   twitter.

   McCool: We can write a script for it.

   McCool: Let's check with Caroline.

  PR 111

   <kaz> [16]PR 111 - add video thumbnail

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/111

   Sebastian: We can merge this, right?

   Daniel: no, the video isn't available yet.

   McCool: Is it possible to tag the video once it is uploaded?

   Some discussion between chris, mc and daniel about tagging of
   the video.

   Kaz: Please make a list about all our questions and concerns,
   and then let's ask Dom and Coralie about those points.

   McCool: Having short descriptions, thumbnails would be helpful.

   Sebastian: Regarding the PR. Yes, there is no link. But when we
   merge it, everything is already there. The form, the shape etc.

   Daniel: yes, I agree.

   Sebastian: Daniel you have to update the PR?

   Daniel: Just remove the WIP label and merge it.

   Sebastian: Any conerns to merge the PR?

   No objections.

   Sebastian merged the PR.

   Sebastian adds a comment to the issue to not forget to update
   the placeholder link.

  PR 120

   <kaz> [17]PR 120 - WIP: Revise web Documentation page

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/120

   McCool: Still not completly done.

   McCool: Even though it is not completly done, I would merge it
   for now. We can add the bottom part later.

   Some discussion about the darft links between mc and daniel

   McCool: Let's merge the PR, so that daniel is able to do some
   other work on it.

   Sebastian: Maybe we can link the video done on a conference.

   McCool: Maybe we should just delete the whole social media
   section.

   Sebastian: We have an interview video with Jeff Jaffe. Maybe we
   should add that one.

   Daniel: We don't need to settle now. We can add it later.

   McCool: Yes, we can go back and improve it.

   Sebastian: I think this is something which growth over time.

   McCool: Let's merge it for now and Daniel can do his things.

   Kaz: As you know, there are several GitHub issues on the
   content transfer from the old pages to the new welcome pages
   generated by Daniel, Sebastian, Ege and myself.
   ... I think we should generate a consolidated list of topics
   and contents to manage the content transfer instead of
   distributed issues.
   ... Otherwise, we need to look at all those four issues every
   time.

   Sebastian: Do you have any comments regarding this PR?

   Kaz: No. Merging this PR itself is OK.
   ... As I repeatedly suggested, originally I wanted to ask you
   all to create the list of topics on the current pages and see
   which ones to be transferred to which new pages first, but it
   seems we would like to create a prototype page first and then
   see what's missing next.
   ... I think that approach is fine. However, we still should
   manage the content transfer progress by clarifying what content
   to be transferred to which pges.
   ... So We should consilodate all the issues.

   Sebastian: There is an email thread with a discussion. (#118)

   Sebastian: it is made public in a comment in #118

   Kaz: I will take a look into all the issues and will combine
   them into one.

   Daniel: If we want to make progess. We should do it step by
   step. The website will evolve over time.

   Kaz: I am not saying we should not merge this or we have to be
   perfect. I'm just saying that we should keep track of the
   progress of content transfer by clarifying which content on
   which pages have been transferred to the new pages and which
   are missing.

   Sebastian is going over some mentioned issues and checks them
   on the latest website draft.

   Action: kaz to look into all the GitHub issues related to
   content transfer from the current WoT pages to the new WoT
   welcome pages, and generate a consolidated list of topics

   Sebastian: Just double check if everything is okay for now. Can
   we merge this PR 120?

   Kaz: Yes, that is fine.

   Sebastian merged #120

  Documentation page

   Daniel: McCool has to take a look on this.

   Sebastian: we have 7 minutes left. We can go over old issues.

   Daniel: I can go over them myself.

   Sebastian: okay. We go through them next time then.

   Sebastian: With all of this, I think we are ready to launch the
   website.

  Blog proposal

   [18]PR 117 - add blog proposal for video

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/117

   Sebastian: We already looked into it last week.

   Sebastian: We also need some feedback from Caroline.

   Sebastian: We should cover this next week.

   Sebastian: Hopefully Coralie joins next week, so that we can
   discuss this.

   Sebastian: Something else?

   No objections.

   Call ends

Summary of action items

    1. [19]kaz to look into all the GitHub issues related to
       content transfer from the current WoT pages to the new WoT
       welcome pages, and generate a consolidated list of topics


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [20]scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).

     [20] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html
Received on Monday, 1 March 2021 07:15:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 1 March 2021 07:15:02 UTC