W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2021

[wot-usecases] minutes - 12 January 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 17:33:51 +0900
Message-ID: <87y2f41vrk.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/01/12-wot-uc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael McCool!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Use Cases

12 January 2021

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf#Agenda_12.1.
      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/01/12-wot-uc-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Christine_Perey, Georg_Schneider, Herve_Pruvost,
          Jack_Dickinson, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          McCool

Contents

    1. [4]preliminary
    2. [5]minute review
    3. [6]PR 73
    4. [7]PR 38
    5. [8]issues without owners
    6. [9]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  preliminary

   Kaz: we have Georg and Herve from the Linked Building Data CG
   and Christine from the Spatial Data on the Web IG as guests

   Lagally: one of the last activities was carrying forward uc and
   reqs into a new document
   … ucs are now in a use cases document
   … last update of which was dec 10

   Georg: Hi everyone!

   <Georg_Schneider> [10]Linked Building Data Community Group

     [10] https://www.w3.org/community/lbd/

   Christine: intro, work in AR, enterprise and industrial use
   cases
   … are some AR use cases that have been proposed, would like to
   improve, give feedback on others
   … including discovery

   Lagally: appreciate the input

  minute review

   <kaz> [11]Dec-8

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/12/08-wot-uc-minutes.html

   Lagally: moved over documents to new use cases repository

   <mlagally> [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases

   Lagally: both use case and requirements
   … also looked at some particular use cases and merged some PRs,
   reviewed issues, etc.

   Lagally: have not gotten any negative input; any objections?
   … hearing no objections, the minutes will be published

  PR 73

   Lagally: Hybridcast PR, PR #73

   <kaz> [13]PR 73

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/73

   Lagally: added references
   … modified existing use case
   … note that modifications were to index.html file

   Lagally: ideally from now on new use cases should go into
   index.html

   Georg: what is process? Fork, create branch and PR?

   Lagally: yes; there is also a template, but it is currently in
   MD only

   Lagally: can we get a volunteer to create an html template?

   Kaz: we can just use the conversion script

   Lagally: kaz, can you please do that, then?

   Action: kaz to generate an HTML version template for use cases

   Kaz: yes, will do

   Lagally: structure is very simple; good to look at existing use
   cases

   Lagally: use cases are more complete than requirements at this
   point

   Lagally: much of the content for requirements is still in MD

   Lagally: think in general it is better to work directly on the
   index.html and not on separate fragments

   McCool: should update readmes to steer people away from editing
   the MD files

   Christine: would like some assistance on getting up to speed;
   maybe a sidebar meeting?

   McCool: cp, we can schedule a 1:1, but it would have to be next
   week

   Lagally: I can also help, in same time zone

   Lagally: let's go back to the PR we were looking at
   … PR 73
   … just adding references to an existing use case; trivial,
   propose merging

   <kaz> [14]PR 73

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/73

   Lagally: (merges PR73)

  PR 38

   <kaz> [15]PR 38

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/38

   Lagally: is this ready to merge?

   McCool: there were a few comments that were not updated in the
   PR, but I suggest we merge now and deal with those when we do
   the PR to convert to HTML

   Lagally: ok

   Lagally: will create an issue, summarize the required changes
   … unfortunately jennifer is not on the meeting now

   McCool: let's create the issue, Jennifer can comment on it and
   we can send her and email about it

   Lagally: (merges PR38)

   <kaz> [16]Issue 85

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/issues/85

   Lagally: issue 85 will deal with the conversion of the
   dashboard uc to html and incorporation of the updates

   topics: publication roadmap

   Lagally: we have many outstanding issues; but want to get a
   solid draft by March
   … to give us time to review, so we can do a Note in May

   Lagally: think we need a longer conversion about AR; assigning
   her to issue 83 is too soon

   Lagally: my first take is that the issue has a lot of detail
   that could go directly into the template

   Christine: I do think that the contributions need some
   improvement, and a bit narrow

   McCool: I propose that you state your concerns and input on the
   issue; normally we want to do a PR only after reaching
   convergence

   Kaz: we should ensure that we are neutral in particular, about
   other standards

  issues without owners

   Lagally: we also have a lot of issues without owners, several
   of which are important
   … but we may be able to close some of them

   <kaz> [17]issues without owners

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/issues?q=is:open+is:issue+no:assignee

   Lagally: although I think the healthcare ucs have been covered
   now so we can probably retire that issue

   McCool: public health vs. private; I see we have pandemic
   monitoring, ICU, and health notifiers
   … I would agree with closing the issue then

   Lagally: ok, will close issue 16

   <Georg_Schneider> Thank you for the opportunity to join today.
   I am looking forward in contributing building related use cases
   in the upcoming calls and discuss them with you. Georg

   McCool: just noticed there are some duplicates, eg for
   timeseries

   McCool: also cross-referencing can be done in a final pass

   Lagally: ok, will see if I can do some cleanup

   Lagally: out of time, propose adjourning; next week will look
   at ITU-T use cases; please review

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of action items

    1. [18]kaz to generate an HTML version template for use cases


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [19]scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html
Received on Wednesday, 3 March 2021 08:35:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 3 March 2021 08:35:42 UTC