[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 5 May 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:34:29 +0900
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             íV DRAFT íV
                              WoT PlugFest

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_05.05.2021

      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-pf-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ege_Korkan, Fady_Salama, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_McCool, Philipp_Blum, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

    1. [4]Minutes
    2. [5]Testfest

Meeting minutes

  Minutes

   [6]Apr-28

      [6] https://www.w3.org/2021/04/28-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: ok with the minutes
   íK any objections?

   (none; approved)

  Testfest

   [7]wiki page ready

      [7] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest

   [8]GitHub repo also available

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/main/events/2021.06.Online/README.md

   McCool: (shows the resources above)
   íK (and adds some more links to the GitHub repo's README.md)
   íK previous testfests and plugfests
   íK wiki pages
   íK (also updates the "To Do" section)
   íK (and then adds "Data and Results" section)

   [9]README.md updated

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/main/events/2021.06.Online/README.md

   McCool: any template for the testing work?

   Kaz: we can reuse the TD implementation report as the basis for
   our official test plan document

   McCool: what about the GitHub pages for Testfest?

   Kaz: maybe the pages we used in Sep 2020 might be useful

   [10]Testfest in Sep 2020

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/main/events/2020.09.Online

   McCool: some of the resources under
   wot-thing-description-testing could be also reused

   [11]wot-thing-description/testing

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/tree/main/testing

   McCool: we need to prepare for the other specs like WoT
   Discovery as well
   íK under wot-discovery repo

   Kaz: one of the questions is where to put what
   íK wot-testing or spec ares, e.g., wot-thing-description,
   wot-discovery, ...

   McCool: where did we have our planning documents?

   Kaz: thought the 2020.09.Online area included some resources

   Ege: or the one under testfest?

   [12]testfest area

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/main/events/testfest

   Kaz: maybe 2019-02-princeton or 2018-12-online might be helpful

   McCool: will dig into the GitHub issues too
   íK also need to create a template for the data
   íK similar structure for CSV files like we used for the March
   Plugfest

   McCool: any other points to make the Testfest smooth?

   Kaz: the README.md file for the Princeton Testfest had
   information on Producer Implementers and Consumer Implementers
   íK I think we need to re-generate that kind of framework as well
   íK we should clarify which implementation (software/hardware)
   should be considered as which spec's implementation when we
   check the assertions

   McCool: yeah
   íK (adds a link to "What is an Implementation" within the
   TD/README.md)

   [13]TD/README.md

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/main/events/2021.06.Online/TD/README.md

   McCool: Producers, Consumers, Processors, ...
   íK node-wot belongs to Producers and Consumers
   íK need to copy initial version out of last year's
   implementation report

   [14]TD Implementations

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/main/events/2021.06.Online/TD/impl.md

   McCool: please provide PRs to improve the plan

   [adjourned]

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [15]scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).

     [15] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html