[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 16 June 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:56:33 +0900
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/06/16-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Ege!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             íV DRAFT íV
                               WoT-IG/WG

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#16_June_2021

      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/16-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ege_Korkan, Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Sebastian/McCool

   Scribe
          Ege, kaz

Contents

    1. [4]Agenda
    2. [5]Minutes
    3. [6]Charter Extension
    4. [7]Linked Data Signatures
    5. [8]Smart Cities Workshop
    6. [9]Voice Agent Interoperability Workshop
    7. [10]Testfest
    8. [11]vF2F
    9. [12]Publication Planning
   10. [13]Liaisons
   11. [14]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  Agenda

   Sebastian: other points for the agenda?

   <kaz> [15]Agenda

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#16_June_2021

  Minutes

   <kaz> [16]June-9

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-wot-minutes.html

   Sebastian: approved

  Charter Extension

   <kaz> [17]draft new IG Charter

     [17] https://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wg-ig-2021-proposed.html

   Sebastian: please review the proposed IG charter
   íK we need to check the scope part especially

   (this is not extension, simply new IG charter)

   <sebastian> [18]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/274

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/274

   Sebastian: good to shape the content of the Charter
   íK we should be realistic

   Kaz: note that this is an updated Charter for IG
   íK no normative deliverables at all
   íK can simply update the liaison list, etc.

  Linked Data Signatures

   Sebastian: another proposed group on Linked Data Signature
   íK McCool is working on it

   McCool: revising the comments on the GH issue

   [19]Strategy issue 262

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/262

   McCool: issue on the timing of their spec generation
   íK related to our work

   McCool: we need to proceed with something for a while

  Smart Cities Workshop

   Sebastian: 3 WoT-related submissions
   íK McCool, Andrea and Sebastian
   íK pre-recorded videos and live discussion (during the workshop)
   íK I'll provide it this week

   Kaz: so no recording session needed

   Sebastian: right

   McCool: Andrea and Sebastian, please upload your slides to the
   wot-marketing repo

   Sebastian: ok

  Voice Agent Interoperability Workshop

   Kaz: invited to the workshop yesterday
   íK discussion on interoperability for voice agents and device
   handling
   íK related to WoT and Smart Cities discussion

   McCool: can we invite some of them to our meeting?

   Kaz: Debbie Dahl, the former MMI WG Chair, will join the Smart
   Cities Workshop
   íK and we can invite her to the vF2F meeting

   McCool: would be nice to invite her to the open day on 28th

   Kaz: ok

   Action: kaz to ask Debbie to join the open day on 28th

  Testfest

   McCool: not summarized yet
   íK we'll have the optional meeting on Friday, June 18
   íK to finalize the discussion
   íK wrap up the implementation report, etc.
   íK and will debrief to the group
   íK we can generate report with the help from Farshid, etc.
   íK testing plan is needed for our CR transitions
   íK would like to wrap-up the results by the end of Monday, June
   21

   Sebastian: ok

  vF2F

   [20]vF2F wiki

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F

   Sebastian: we've not finalized the agenda yet but did get
   topics to discuss

   McCool: June 21: testing
   íK June 22 tbd
   íK June 23: Discovery
   íK June 28: Open Day
   íK June 30: TD

   Lagally: June 29 for Architecture and Use Cases?

   Sebastian: ok

   Lagally: June 22 for Profile

   McCool: discovery is mostly good. I will present the spec

   Sebastian: we can shorten the TD time

   McCool: testing as well

   McCool: just that for a 2h session we have generally 1h45

   Ege: would like to invite Mikkel Haggren Brynildsen from the
   company Grundfos

   Lagally: maybe we can invite them to the UC call?

   Ege: when?

   Lagally: June 29

   Ege: maybe impossible

   Ege: it can be another use case call outside of VF2F

  Publication Planning

   McCool: we have to make another change before CR in the
   discovery spec

  Liaisons

   McCool: we have many slots that are reserved for other SDOs

   McCool: mk will give a summary of the SDF work
   íK and sk will talk at the WISHI call about TMs

   Sebastian: I am also talking with Dave regarding eclass

   McCool: we have to have better connection with Conexxus

   Ege: I feel that we need to create custom examples for
   different people who likes WoT but needs more concrete/hands-on
   stuff to show to their communities

   McCool: I think we need better examples, tutorials, videos

   Kaz: think we should think about this issue as an issue on
   missing guidelines for system integration and deployment. we
   can continue to work on that as part of the related calls,
   e.g., Use Cases, Profile, TD and Binding as well as Marketing.

   Sebastian: I have some budget and we can find someone (a
   professional) who does these

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; no Plugfest call today but
   additional Testfest call on Friday]

Summary of action items

    1. [21]kaz to ask Debbie to join the open day on 28th

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [22]scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).

     [22] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html