W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2021

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 9 June 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:45:29 +0900
Message-ID: <871r843u9i.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-wot-minutes.html


also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/


                             V DRAFT V
                               WoT-IG/WG

09 June 2021

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/09-wot-irc


Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz, sebastian

Contents

    1. [3]Review minutes from last week
    2. [4]Invited expert
    3. [5]Quick updates
         1. [6]IG Charter
         2. [7]Linked Data Signatures
         3. [8]Smart Cities Workshop
         4. [9]Testfest
         5. [10]vF2F
    4. [11]Publication status
    5. [12]Liaisons
    6. [13]TF report
         1. [14]Scripting
         2. [15]Security
         3. [16]Discovery
         4. [17]Marketing
         5. [18]Use Cases
         6. [19]Testfest
         7. [20]Thing Description
         8. [21]Architecture
    7. [22]Publication schedule
    8. [23]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  Review minutes from last week

   <kaz> [24]June-2

     [24] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/02-wot-minutes.html


   any comments / objections?

   no

  Invited expert

   McCool: new application from Debbie Perouli from Marquette
   University
   K plan is to invite her to next f2f
   K decide then to accept the application

  Quick updates

    IG Charter

   McCool: IG charter expires at the end of June and need to
   re-Charter

   Kaz: will generate a Strategy funnel issue for that purpose

   McCool: draft for re-charter is the copy of the current charter

    Linked Data Signatures

   McCool: provide a comment on the Linked Data Signatures WG
   Proposed Charter

   <McCool_> [25]https://github.com/w3c/lds-wg-charter/issues/78


     [25] https://github.com/w3c/lds-wg-charter/issues/78


    Smart Cities Workshop

   McCool: Smart Cities Workshop take place in 2 weeks
   K currently the recording started of the presentation
   K however, only the head is recorded without the slides
   K plan is do recording with slides

   <kaz> [26]fyi, video site for the AC meeting

     [26] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/AC/talk/strategy-funnel


   McCool: shows the WoT slides

   Kaz: I have to clarify the new recording proposal with the
   workshop chairs and program committee.

    Testfest

   McCool: Testfest taking place this week
   K identify testing gaps and create test plan for CR transition
   K be aware that the TF meetings are cancelled this week

    vF2F

   <kaz> [27]vF2F wiki

     [27] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Virtual_F2F


   McCool: vF2F agenda not ready yet, e.g., timing is missing by
   the TFs

   Lagally: please plan 3h for the Architecture
   K 2h Profiles and 1h Use Case

   <McCool_> [28]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/

   F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Conflicts

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Conflicts


   How about invited talks?

   Action: kaz to ask ITU-T SG20, ECHONET and ISO TC184/SC4 about
   their participation in the vF2F

   MM add some times to potential talks of our liaison partners
   (ITU-T, ECHONET, OPC UA, etc)

   in addition an open day is planned to have external talks

   Lagally: some days the meetings start later, is this intended?

   McCool: there seems some conflicts based on the doodle results

  Publication status

   McCool: we have Use Case Note updated
   K Discovery is published
   K TD is published

  Liaisons

   McCool: no formel response yet from ITU-T

   <kaz> [29]ITU-T SG20 liaison statement (not on the joint
   meeting but AI standards)

     [29] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2021Jun/0001.html


   McCool: I will take care of that

   Kaz will check the status with ECHONET

   McCool: I plan to attend the next WISHI meeting, June 17

   are some news somewhere else?

   not really

  TF report

    Scripting

   scripting

   Daniel: no call last time. The f2f has not a specific session,
   however, we can contribute in each other TF session
   K Cristiano and Zolan will be availble, I will be on vacation

    Security

   no call

    Discovery

   talked about the testing

   we have made some revisions and cleanups in the document

   we have a good shape now

    Marketing

   no call

    Use Cases

   no call

    Testfest

   collecting TDs for testing

   for discovery its a different test and it is a more live
   testing

   there are different test like p2p, interactions, directory

   Kaz: do we need VPN?

   McCool: not needed, we mainly create the test report by local
   tests

    Thing Description

   merge some PRs and did some cleanup

    Architecture

   did some progress on Profile. Hope Ben is joining next week

  Publication schedule

   McCool: we updated the dates of the expected publications of
   our documents
   K for Security the plan is July
   K for TD CR Transition 15 July
   K also see [30]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/

   Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedule

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedule


   adjourn

Summary of action items

    1. [31]kaz to ask ITU-T SG20, ECHONET and ISO TC184/SC4 about
       their participation in the vF2F


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [32]scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).

     [32] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

Received on Monday, 12 July 2021 06:45:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 12 July 2021 06:45:40 UTC