W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2021

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 28 April 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:23:50 +0900
Message-ID: <87a6ms3v9l.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/04/28-wot-minutes.html


also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Philipp!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/


                             íV DRAFT íV
                               WoT-IG/WG

28 April 2021

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/04/28-wot-irc


Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool,
          Philipp_Blum, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          citrullin

Contents

    1. [3]review minutes
    2. [4]AC 2021
    3. [5]Smart cities workshop
    4. [6]Plugfest
    5. [7]vF2F
    6. [8]Publication
         1. [9]Use Cases
         2. [10]WoT discovery call for review
    7. [11]ITU-T
    8. [12]ECHONET
    9. [13]IEC
   10. [14]GAIA-X
   11. [15]SOLID
   12. [16]TF reports
         1. [17]Scripting
         2. [18]Discovery
         3. [19]Marketing
         4. [20]Architecture
   13. [21]Summary of action items
   14. [22]Summary of resolutions

Meeting minutes

  review minutes

   <kaz> [23]Apr-21

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2021/04/21-wot-minutes.html


   McCool: Smart cities workshop. We are going to talk about this
   today

   McCool: Testfest, we also talk about this today.

   McCool: I noticed TPAC will be virtual until further notice.
   íK has someone change for the minutes?
   íK any objections to publish it?
   íK no objections.

  AC 2021

   Kaz: Alibaba mentioned the WoT WG work within their slides on
   Digital Twins.

   McCool: Are they joining the WG?

   Kaz: I suggested they work with both the IG and the WG, but
   probably starting with the use case discussion by the IG.

   Digital Twins [24](Member-only)

     [24] https://www.w3.org/2021/04/AC/talk/digital-twin


  Smart cities workshop

   McCool: My proposal is to go forward with the submission.

   McCool: Sebastian had some feedback regarding the wording
   orchestration. I expanded it.

   <kaz> [25]McCool's proposal (Member-only)

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html


   McCool: I would like to have a resolution. Do we have any
   proposed changes to that?

   <McCool> proposal: submit the text at [26]https://lists.w3.org/

   Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html to the Smart
   City workshop at [27]https://www.w3.org/2021/06/

   smartcities-workshop/

     [26] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html

     [27] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/


   <McCool> proposal: submit the text of the proposal for a WoT
   session at [28]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/

   member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html to the Smart City workshop at
   [29]https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/


     [28] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html

     [29] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/


   Resolution: submit the text of the proposal for a WoT session
   at [30]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/

   2021Apr/0015.html to the Smart City workshop at [31]https://
   www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/

     [30] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/0015.html

     [31] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/


  Plugfest

   McCool: I keep it short. We have a plugfest meeting.

   McCool: We have to update our TD tests.
   íK We have a doodle for the time. I would like to find a time
   today for it.
   íK looking through this, I see a full green slot on Tuesday. And
   Friday, but it is Friday evening in Japan.

   [32]Doodle

     [32] https://doodle.com/poll/mzv9x5rxsdmub5u3


   Some talk about the available time slots

   McCool: I would like to find a resolution for this today.

   <McCool> proposal: 9am Eastern every day June 7-11 for 1h for a
   sync call, with a slightly longer call on Friday June 11 (2h),
   then (optionally) another 1-2h call Friday June 18

   Resolution: For testfest, plan for 9am Eastern every day June
   7-11 for 1h for a sync call, with a slightly longer call on
   Friday June 11 (2h), then (optionally) another 1-2h call Friday
   June 18

   Action: kaz to make a wiki page, calendar, etc.

  vF2F

   McCool: It has to be before end of June.
   íK please fill out the doodle.
   íK we are going to cancel the normal calls for this.

   <McCool> [33]doodle for June vF2F

     [33] https://doodle.com/poll/p7dher5i2umr4ap8


  Publication

    Use Cases

   McCool: Does anyone has an opinion on this proposal on the
   shortname URL for publication?
   íK seems like no one has strong opinions about it.

    WoT discovery call for review

   <McCool> proposal: "Publish an updated version of the WoT
   Discovery WD as identified by the branch [34]https://
   github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.

     [34] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.


   <McCool> proposal: Publish an updated version of the WoT
   Discovery WD as identified by the branch [35]https://
   github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.


   Resolution: Publish an updated version of the WoT Discovery WD
   as identified by the branch [36]https://github.com/w3c/

   wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.

     [36] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.


  ITU-T

   McCool: I send a message to Lagally to make some changes. Kaz,
   do you take the action to send this to the ITU-T?

   Kaz: Yes.

   Action: kaz to send the liaison message out to the ITU-T SG20
   based on McCool's draft (ccing team-liaisons)

  ECHONET

   McCool: Kaz, did you take a look into it?

   Kaz: Yes,I had a call with ECHONET.

   McCool: I think this is very encouraging, since these are
   industry products. Would be nice to align them with our
   standard.

  IEC

   McCool: Still waiting for updates

  GAIA-X

   McCool: We were talking about it this morning.

   [37]GAIA-X

     [37] https://www.data-infrastructure.eu/GAIAX/Navigation/EN/Home/home.html


   McCool: We discussed this and came to the conclusion to invite
   them.

  SOLID

   [38]SOLID

     [38] https://www.w3.org/community/solid/


   McCool: They have some things which are similar to the WoT
   directory.

   Koster: They have a platform around Json LD.

   McCool: I think their goal is to write a spec and move it to
   the W3C.

  TF reports

    Scripting

   Daniel: We had a joint meeting with security.
   íK in order to solve some issues around security in scripting.

    Discovery

   McCool: We merged some things, the editor draft is in progress.
   íK you can take a look into the issue tracker.
   íK we had some feedback regarding the focus on HTTP. HTTP is the
   focus for now and we are going to support CoAP, MQTT in the
   future.

    Marketing

   Sebastian: We had a call yesterday.
   íK we talked about the animation video. The captions. We now
   have Japanese, Chinese, Italian and German. Some of them have
   to get approved.
   íK kaz found out there were some bugs with the timing of the
   captions. He fixed it.

   <kaz> [39]updated YouTube video :)

     [39] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFXg-kni0U


   Sebastian: we also talked about the webpage. Liaisons are now
   added. The logos will be added later.

   Sebastian: We also had a new tool for Java added to the site.

   McCool: I think that is interesting. It has a SPARQL
   implementation in it. So, it works with the directory.

   McCool: the LinkSmart implementation isn't listed here.

   Sebastian: Farshid already created a PR for LinkSmart.

   Sebastian: We still have the old page active. I have to clarify
   this.

    Architecture

   McCool: There are a lot of open PR, but I don't want to do it
   without Michael Lagally.
   íK in the meantime people can take a look into the PR and review
   them.

   Sebastian: I make a request to review the spec.

   McCool: Security is broken in the TD spec.

   Sebastian: I take a look into it.

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; Plugfest call starts at 5 mins past
   the hour]

Summary of action items

    1. [40]kaz to make a wiki page, calendar, etc.
    2. [41]kaz to send the liaison message out to the ITU-T SG20
       based on McCool's draft (ccing team-liaisons)

Summary of resolutions

    1. [42]submit the text of the proposal for a WoT session at
       https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2021Apr/

       0015.html to the Smart City workshop at https://www.w3.org/

       2021/06/smartcities-workshop/
    2. [43]For testfest, plan for 9am Eastern every day June 7-11
       for 1h for a sync call, with a slightly longer call on
       Friday June 11 (2h), then (optionally) another 1-2h call
       Friday June 18
    3. [44]Publish an updated version of the WoT Discovery WD as
       identified by the branch https://github.com/w3c/

       wot-discovery/tree/wd-update-candidate.


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [45]scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).

     [45] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

Received on Monday, 12 July 2021 06:24:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 12 July 2021 06:24:29 UTC