[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 May 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:25:35 +0900
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the miutes, Sebastian and McCool!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             íV DRAFT íV
                               WoT-IG/WG

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-irc

cAttendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Fady_Salama, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Laglly, Michael_McCool,
          Philipp_Blum, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz, McCool, sebastian

Contents

    1. [3]Guests
    2. [4]Minutes
    3. [5]updates
    4. [6]Publications
    5. [7]Liaisons
    6. [8]TF Reports
         1. [9]Scripting
         2. [10]Security
         3. [11]Discovery
         4. [12]Marketing
         5. [13]Use Case
         6. [14]PlugFest
         7. [15]TD
         8. [16]Architecture
    7. [17]AOB?

Meeting minutes

  Guests

   (Fady Salama is an invited guest today; aware of the W3C Patent
   Policy)

  Minutes

   <kaz> [18]Apr-28

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2021/04/28-wot-minutes.html

   any objections ?

   no

  updates

   McCool: we submitted a WoT proposal for Smart City workshop
   íK next steps is a draft presentation
   íK Im going to present, however, someone else can do this as
   well

   McCool: plans for testfest
   íK please check the wiki page [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

   wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_June_2021#Testfest

   McCool: next what have to organized is the f2f
   íK please provide your options here [20]https://doodle.com/poll/

   p7dher5i2umr4ap8
   íK wiki about the f2f can be found here [21]https://www.w3.org/

   WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

     [20] https://doodle.com/poll/p7dher5i2umr4ap8

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

   McCool: plan to have pre-CR drafts in May
   íK testfest will take place in June

   Kaz: the main purpose of the vF2F in June is finalizing the CR
   draft and identifying the features at risk. right?

   McCool: right. F2F meeting in June/July should be used to
   prepeare the documents for CR

  Publications

   McCool: use case document is in preparation for publication
   íK expect to be ready May 11

   McCool: Discovery also ongoing; many diffs there, so the
   release candidate version to be used for the publication

   McCool: TD planning to finalize some updates today
   íK call for review after today's TD call
   íK in 2 weeks do resolution for TD 1.1 WD

  Liaisons

   McCool: for ITU-T we send a formal request today

   Sebastian: about ECLASS there is a MoU

   Koster: no news about T2TRG/IETF

   Sebastian: OPC UA waiting for response about the current
   proposal

   sebastian and dave to follow up with GaiaX

   Sebastian: GaiaX I contacted Dave
   íK no further news

  TF Reports

    Scripting

   Daniel: discussed about security mechanism
   íK we collecting ideas
   íK other topic about discovery

    Security

   <McCool> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/

   issues/940

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/940

   McCool: currently talking about integrity
   íK need some requirements
   íK we have a look into XML Signature and its algorithm
   íK we would pick one as default

   Zoltan: we have discovered different kind of levels about
   security in scripting (for management api)

    Discovery

   McCool: Members of the Scripting TF joined the meeting
   íK discussion about pagination
   íK we need clearification about the need for scripting

    Marketing

   we have new subtitles

   McCool: how about the webpage with different languages?

   lets talk about this in the next marketing call

    Use Case

   Lagally: some confussion about the time slot
   íK did some work in the repo
   íK use case document is ready to publish
   íK new contribution came in yesterday, will be discussed next
   meeting
   íK everyone should have a new invite for the next meeting on
   Tuesday

    PlugFest

   McCool: will have a call today after this call
   íK not a full meeting but a half-hour meeting

   McCool: mainly organizing some topics

    TD

   Sebastian: will merge some PRs today

   Sebastian: one was about fixing the TD model

   Sebastian: continue today and after the call will be the call
   for review

    Architecture

   McCool: review the PRs from Ben
   íK did not merge any
   íK continue discussion tomorrow

  AOB?

   McCool: any more topics?

   no

   adjourn

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [23]scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).

     [23] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html