W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > November 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 14 October 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 17:54:00 +0900
Message-ID: <87r1p05l5j.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/10/14-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               WoT-IG/WG

14 Oct 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Michael_McCool,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Ege_Korkan,
          Farshid_Tavakolizadeh, Takahisa_Suzuki,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally,
          Jennifer_Lin

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          sebastian

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Guests
         2. [4]Prev minutes
         3. [5]Updates
         4. [6]Publication update
         5. [7]TPAC meeting
         6. [8]Transferring W3C RECs to another SDO?
         7. [9]AOB
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Guests

   McCool: no guests today

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [12]Sep-30

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/30-wot-minutes.html

   <inserted> scribenick: sebastian

   check the minutes from last week

   any objections?

   no

Updates

   joint meeting with LBD CG in TD TF call on November 18

Publication update

   McCool: Profile and Architecture resolution will be done in
   tomorrow's Arch call
   ... we need decission about the URL shortname of the new
   version
   ... e.g., [13]https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/ vs.
   [14]https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.1/ vs.
   [15]https://www.w3.org/TR/accname-1.1/
   ... any preferences?

     [13] https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/
     [14] https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.1/
     [15] https://www.w3.org/TR/accname-1.1/

   <kaz> there is a [16]version guide no concrete information
   about the version numver within a shortname itself

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

   McCool: shall the root domain of the specification forward to
   the latest version?

   <kaz> [kaz: I'm OK with "*-1-1" notation though I've been using
   "11" myself for years :) ]

   McCool: no decision today, discuss this next time

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to ask PLH about the latest *trend*

   McCool: Lets discuss this in Arch call tomorrow

TPAC meeting

   McCool: we had some joint meetings like JSON-LD, DID and PBG
   ... today APA and tomorrow WNIG
   ... we need to decide about the breakout sessions
   ... there is a doodle poll

   [17]https://doodle.com/poll/d6bs7sqwcisx78ka

     [17] https://doodle.com/poll/d6bs7sqwcisx78ka

   McCool: shall wait one more day?

   <kaz> [18]TPAC schedule page says Oct 19 is the deadline for
   proposals

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/breakout-schedule.html

   <McCool> propose 27 Oct at 9am EDT for breakout

   McCool: will prepare a presentation

   <McCool> review presentation material on Oct 20 during
   marketing call

   McCool: shows overview which TF meetings are cancelled
   ... Arch call is not cancelled for Oct 22

   Lagally: tomorrow's Arch call will start 1h later

   Cristiano: Scripting will take place on Oct 19

   McCool: will update wiki for breakout session together with Kaz

   Kaz: FYI, I'm planning to have another breakout session about
   Smart City

Transferring W3C RECs to another SDO?

   McCool: Idea to mirror WoT standards to ISO/IEC

   Sebastian: support this idea. In industry / automotive is quite
   typically to follow ISO/IEC standards

   Lagally: is there a liason with ISO?

   W3C Liaison page: [19]https://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison

   Kaz: For example, the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
   was transformed to ISO with an HTML file via the PAS mechanism
   ... if we really would like to try, I think we could do it for
   WoT as well. however, we need to consult with the W3M about the
   procedure

   [20]W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

     [20] https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html

   discussion about the ITU-T liason

   <mlagally_>
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/CONTRIBUTIO
   NS/ITU-T-SG-20%20OLS%20-%20DRAFT.md

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/CONTRIBUTIONS/ITU-T-SG-20 OLS - DRAFT.md

   shows the ITU-T contribution

   its a W3C internal draft

   McCool: will send a email to Jeff and Wendy ask about the
   status

AOB

   McCool: any other business?

   Farshid: we can check PR from discovery?

   <kaz> [22]wot-discovery PR 85

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/85

   McCool: I'm going to merge this. One more week for review.
   ... resolution will be done next week (Oct. 22)

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask McCool to review
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/271

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/271

   Kaz: request McCool to check the PR

   McCool: np

   Sebastian: please review the latest TD 1.1 draft

   Lagally: same for Arch and Profile
   ... lets go to the APA joint call

   <kaz> [5 min break; and APA joint]

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to ask PLH about the latest *trend*

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/11/11 08:52:22 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 11 November 2020 08:54:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 11 November 2020 08:54:08 UTC