W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > November 2020

[wot-ig/wg][DRAFT] minutes - 28 October 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 17:51:28 +0900
Message-ID: <87sg9g5l9r.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/10/28-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

28 Oct 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Jennifer_Lin, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster, Jack_Dickinson

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Timezone Changes
         2. [4]Cancellations
         3. [5]Breakouts
         4. [6]Upcoming events
         5. [7]Joint Calls
         6. [8]Publication schedule update ->
            https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedu
            le
         7. [9]Mirroring Standards
         8. [10]Smart Cities breakout tomorrow
         9. [11]Minutes on Oct 14
        10. [12]Breakout prep minutes
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

   McCool: Agenda bashing
   ... lots of minutes to approve
   ... check them today?

   Kaz: maybe we should give people time to look at them

   McCool: Ok, will send email to point people to the minutes

   Kaz: I can generate consolidated version also

   McCool: makes sense

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a compiled version of the minutes

Timezone Changes

   McCool: see
   [15]http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
   ... Europe changed already
   ... meetings scheduled in Eastern time
   ... in Asia meetings times will change next week
   ... Outlook invites should do the changes for you

     [15] http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

   Kaz: next week will be back to normal in Europe

Cancellations

   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Cancellatio
   ns

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Cancellations

   McCool: Lagally, McCool, and Sebastian are all not available
   next week
   ... Marketing is cancelled
   ... security and discovery is most likely be cancelled
   ... main call (both chairs unavailable)
   ... Kaz could take over?
   ... suggest cancelling main call also

   Kaz: +1

   McCool: TD cancelled?

   Sebastian: Taki is able to moderate the call. Session will take
   place

   Daniel: Scripting cancelled also? Will talk to Zoltan and
   update the wiki if it takes place

Breakouts

   WoT Breakout Slides -->
   [17]https://www.w3.org/2020/10/27-wot-breakout/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/27-wot-breakout/

   McCool: Slides are very big. Contain videos
   ... reasonable material for other presentations also
   ... difficult to put it on GitHub due to size

   Ege: Suggest having a link in the presentation repo/directory
   to point to the actual location

   McCool: Will do
   ... many breakouts at the same time... there are ical
   information in schedule

Upcoming events

   Smart Cities Week -->
   [18]https://global.smartcitiesweek.com/register/

     [18] https://global.smartcitiesweek.com/register/

   McCool: managed to be part of 1 meeting only
   ... meetings are recorded also
   ... good stuff to look at
   ... Upcoming IETF meetings -->
   [19]https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/upcoming/
   ... JSONPath and JSON Schema

     [19] https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/upcoming/

   Koster: There is IETF Hackathon also
   ... before actual meeting
   ... will send out pointer
   ... oneDM topics

   McCool: Semantic data and query .... how to present it in user
   interface like node-red
   ... how to visualize

Joint Calls

   McCool: Meeting with IMDA Singapore - 20:00 EDT, Oct 28

   Lin: IMDA do standards within Singapore

   <kaz> [20]IMDA (Infocomm Media Development Authority) site

     [20] https://www.imda.gov.sg/

   McCool: Standards adoption might be a topic
   ... like ISO standards

   <inserted> kaz: so I'd see if we need to talk with the W3M as
   well

   McCool: Meeting with Schaeffler - 12:00 EDT, Oct 29

   <jennifer_lin> jennifer: IMDA - Infocomm Media Development
   Authority

   McCool: have a related product

   Sebastian: Today or tomorrow?

   Kaz/McCool: tomorrow

   McCool: Mid-Nov: Spatial Data joint meeting (TBD)
   ... Spatial Data chair joined our breakout
   ... will do Doodle for actual time of a meeting
   ... 18 November: Joint meeting with LBD CG in TD TF call

   Sebastian: Will use 2 hour TD slot

   McCool: 9 December: Joint meeting with APA in Plugfest slot
   ... need to follow up use case discussion

Publication schedule update

   McCool: dates are out of date
   ... will fix it
   ... Q3 -> Q4
   ... Resolution to publish WoT Use Case document?

   Kaz: I don't think so

Mirroring Standards

   McCool: Republishing WoT standards via ISO?
   ... ex. W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 -->
   [21]https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html

     [21] https://www.iso.org/standard/58625.html

Smart Cities breakout tomorrow

   McCool: will get feedback in smart cities IG
   ... smart city workshop
   ... late this year, next year
   ... Note: I am off from 10th of December till end of December
   ... need to decide last and first meeting this year/next year
   ... 13th of January, Wed, first meeting?
   ... last main call in 2020, Dec 16
   ... AOB?

Minutes on Oct 14

   Kaz: We had main call on the 14th. Shall we scan the minutes
   since time allows

   <kaz> [22]Oct-14 minutes

     [22] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/14-wot-minutes.html

   Kaz: use "11" convention for updated publication

   McCool: Any issues?
   ... none -> approved

Breakout prep minutes

   <kaz> [23]Oct-26 breakout prep minutes

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/26-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: slides we created are very good and we can use them in
   the future also

   no objections -> minutes approved

   McCool: Note: No PlugFest call today

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a compiled version of the minutes

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/11/11 08:49:17 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 11 November 2020 08:51:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 11 November 2020 08:51:35 UTC