W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > June 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 3 June 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 20:29:16 +0900
Message-ID: <87pna0r2ib.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/06/03-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

03 Jun 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, David_Ezell

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Guests?
         2. [4]Prev minutes
         3. [5]New repo for Use Cases
         4. [6]Reminders
         5. [7]June F2F meeting
         6. [8]TF reports
         7. [9]PlugFest call today
         8. [10]AOB?
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <McCool>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#3_June_2020

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#3_June_2020

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Guests?

   McCool: no guests today

Prev minutes

   <McCool> [14]https://www.w3.org/2020/05/27-wot-minutes.html

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/27-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)
   ... had a guests from ITU-T
   ... "Objecys" to be fixed as "Objects"
   ... maybe we can ask Gyu for clarification about his mentioned
   part

   Kaz: can ask him since need to contact him about the possible
   liaison

   McCool: ok
   ... regarding the ITU-T event, maybe we can ask him about that
   and should join it if possible

   Kaz: ok, will ask

   McCool: (goes through the schedule part)
   ... other than those points, any objections to publish the
   minutes?

   (none)

   McCool: approved

New repo for Use Cases

   McCool: got a resolution to create a new repo for the use case
   discussion

   [15]wot-usecases repo

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases

   McCool: let's ask Lagally to transfer the resources, though
   he's on vacation this week

   Kaz: have updated the prioritization questionnaire as well

   [16]prioritization questionnaire

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wot-uc-priority-202005/

   McCool: (adds the link to the main call wiki)

Reminders

   McCool: as mentioned the other day, JSON-LD votes are ongoing
   ... deadline is June 18

   [17]WBS for JSON-LD maintenance Charter (Member-only)

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/jsonld-charter/

   [18]WBS for JSON-LD 1.1 spec (Member-only)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/json-ld11/

   McCool: also Devices and Sensors WG Charter by June 19

   [19]Proposed DAS-WG Charter

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/proposed-das-wg-charter.html

   [20]WBS for the proposed DAS-WG Charter above (Member-only)

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/das-2020/

June F2F meeting

   [21]June virtual f2f wiki

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd

   McCool: wiki page updated
   ... removed dates from the URL to avoid confusion
   ... let's go through the schedule
   ... June 8: T2TRG/WoT Workshop - 8-11am EDT
   ... Carsten and Ari will join the PlugFest call today
   ... myself and Lagally will talk during the T2TRG workshop on
   June 8
   ... note there is a conflict with the Monday meetings
   ... so security call and discovery call will be cancelled
   ... also please note Kaz has some more conflicts
   ... during the PlugFest week and the F2F week
   ... let's see the f2f agenda wiki

   [22]f2f wiki

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd

   [23]Conflicts

     [23] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd#WoT_F2F_Conflicts

   McCool: put information on your conflicts
   ... e.g., Kaz has conflicts with:
   ... * Tuesday June 23 at 10am EDT
   ... * Thursday June 25 at 8am EDT
   ... (goes through the agenda)

   [24]f2f agenda

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd#WoT_F2F_Agenda

   McCool: maybe we need to add tweak to the Friday agenda
   ... Binding Templates would take 1.5h as total
   ... (puts 1h 30m for Binding Templates topic)
   ... (also adds tweaks to Tuesday)
   ... now 4h as total for Friday
   ... Lifecycle for 2h
   ... TD for 2h
   ... would be awkward to have a long meeting on Friday given the
   participation from Asia

   Kaz: should be OK if needed

   McCool: yeah
   ... would talk with Lagally about some possible tweaks

   Sebastian: maybe we can skip marketing discussion during the
   f2f week, and have discussion during the next week
   ... that would reduce the time by 1h
   ... for Thursday

   McCool: think we still need to have marketing as well if
   possible
   ... maybe we could swap marketing on Thursday and Lifecycle on
   Friday
   ... (adds tweaks)
   ... Thursday: profiles, lifecycle
   ... 4h
   ... Friday: TD, Marketing
   ... 3h
   ... (Binding Templates was also moved to Tuesday)
   ... Tuesday:
   ... plugfest within 15mins
   ... binding templates within 1h 15m
   ... makes Tuesday 3h

   Ege: ok

   McCool: will check with Lagally
   ... webex allocated?

   Kaz: will do

   McCool: will provide calendar invite for that

   Kaz: will allocate 2 webex meetings, one for the plugfest week
   and another for the f2f week
   ... t2trg workshop will be hosted by the t2t side?

   McCool: need to confirm
   ... anyway, let's add "how" section to all the meetings (T2T
   workshop, PlugFest and F2F)

   Kaz: ok

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to allocate WebEx calls

   Kaz: in any case, Carsten and Ari are expected to join the
   PlugFest call right after this call
   ... so let's ask them about the T2T call
   ... please note that I'd shift the PlugFest kickoff meeting one
   hour earlier due to my conflict

   McCool: right

   [25]GitHub for PlugFest

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.06.Online

   McCool: there is a GitHub repo to put resources for the
   PlugFest above
   ... please review and document TF schedules

   Meeting next week, plugfest week, F2F week

   For example, see Security or Discovery TF wiki pages

   [26]Discovery TF wiki, fyi

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_Security_WebConf#Agenda

   McCool: e.g., I've put information for the Discovery TF on its
   wiki above
   ... no call on 29 June 2020 due to f2f recovery

   [27]Architecture wiki

     [27] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Architecture_WebConf#Schedule

   McCool: see also the Architecture TF wiki above
   ... no Architecture call tomorrow

   Zoltan: do we document the information on the wikis?

   McCool: yeah

   Zoltan: maybe could put the whole information on the main wiki?

   McCool: need to see all the TF's plan beforehand
   ... e.g., marketing and TD

   Sebastian: next week, right?

   McCool: yes

   Sebastian: June 11 is a public holiday in Germany
   ... so think there will not be calls for use case or marketing

   McCool: regarding "post f2f", we can talk during the f2f
   ... please document your plans on your TF wiki
   ... any updates on Pune meeting?

   Sebastian: not yet

TF reports

   Scripting:

   Zoltan: discussion on algorithm
   ... consuming, reading/writing
   ... a lot of discussions there
   ... also discussed how to fetch TDs
   ... one topic for the f2f
   ... and small edit for the spec to be done this week
   ... another agenda item for the f2f
   ... some PR on node-wot as well

   Daniel: one pending PR there
   ... new branch for API proposal
   ... might need to work on that
   ... for the plugFest, would stick with the old API definition

   Zoltan: please make sure you're working on the right version

   Daniel: ok

   Security:

   McCool: discussed OAuth2
   ... created use cases to capture the flows, etc.
   ... Cristiano created a PR but did that before his becoming an
   IE
   ... so need to redo it

   <McCool> [28]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/515

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/515

   McCool: if you have any comments/inputs, please see the
   previous PR for your information

   Discovery:

   McCool: went through the design document

   <McCool>
   [29]https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/blob/master/design.md

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/blob/master/design.md

   McCool: trying to capture the design policy
   ... presentation to summarize the strawman ideas
   ... need to look at implementations using SPARQL as well

   PoC:

   McCool: Smart City week this week
   ... updated Singapore use cases
   ... and walked through the discovery design doc
   ... one issue on QR code
   ... how to fix directories, etc.

   PlugFest/Testing:

   McCool: updated the GitHub repo
   ... need to add resources
   ... call again right after this call

   Marketing:

   Sebastian: explainer wiki
   ... no response yet from the MarComm Team about which video
   provider to use
   ... web page redesign interview
   ... talked about the open api conference

   <McCool>
   [30]https://events19.linuxfoundation.org/events/asc-2019/

     [30] https://events19.linuxfoundation.org/events/asc-2019/

   McCool: link above
   ... it doesn't say general API is the target
   ... digital twin, etc. to be included
   ... quite simple
   ... will be an online conference
   ... the above is the one for last year, though

   <McCool> [31]API Specifications Confnce 2020

     [31] https://sessionize.com/api-specifications-conference-2020/#:~:text=The API Specifications Conference (ASC,the evolution of API technology.&text=API practitioners including API developers,Architects will attend ASC 2020.

   McCool: this year site above

   <McCool> [32]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/66

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/66

   McCool: created an issue about that on the wot-marketing repo
   ... myself and Ege need to generate the content

   Architecture/Use Cases:

   McCool: Lagally is on vacation

   Zoltan: if you have any comments on the lifecycle, please put
   them as issues on the repo

   McCool: please note that the new repo for use cases is
   available

   [33]wot-usecases repo

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases

   TD:

   Sebastian: talked about the iotschema
   ... Koster gave the latest updates
   ... OneDM also provides some RDF representation
   ... seems to be a good plan to work on transformation
   ... also looked into the proposal from Ege
   ... how to find actions after initiation, etc.
   ... will continue the discussion on June 5

   McCool: ok

   Binding:

   Ege: not much

   Sebastian: RDF representation for CoAP
   ... continue the discussion on June 5

PlugFest call today

   McCool: will have plugfest all in 5mins

AOB?

   Kaz: one quick question on marketing
   ... Daniel, what about the interview with Studio 24?

   Daniel: had one
   ... would make report during the marketing call

   [main call adjourned; plugfest call starts in 5 mins]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to allocate WebEx calls

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [34]scribe.perl version ([35]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/06/09 06:39:39 $

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 15 June 2020 11:28:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 15 June 2020 11:28:30 UTC