W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 15 April 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:56:22 +0900
Message-ID: <87h7x1k7ft.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/15-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael_Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

15 Apr 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_April_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh,
          Maria_Poveda_Villalon, Michael_Koster,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Sreekantha_Devasya, Michael_McCool,
          Josh_Cohen, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Zoltan_Kis,
          Carlos_A_Velasco, Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tetsushi_Matsuda, David_Ezell,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          mjk

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda review
         2. [5]Guests
         3. [6]Frauhofer's talk about LinkSmart Thing Directory
         4. [7]Meetings update
         5. [8]F2F planning
         6. [9]TPAC
         7. [10]TF reports
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenik: mjk

Agenda review

   Sebastian: any other agenda?

   (none)

Guests

   Sebastian: guests from Fraunhofer to present

   Kaz: welcome Carlos Velasco from Fraunhofer

   Shreekantha: also from Fraunhofer

   Sebastian: and another guest, Josh Cohen

   Josh: worked at Microsoft on SOAP standards
   ... like interoperable things and developing a passion for
   smart homes
   ... interested in IETF group also and can work on prototypes
   and code

   <joshco> ya, also in DMTF.org main author and chair of
   WS-Management, which is now ISO/JTC1,

   <joshco> ok i viewed the IP webpage, is there a clickthrough
   form I'm supposed to fill out for it?

   <joshco> I understand it! thanks I hereby offer a non-exclusive
   royalty free license to any silly and uninformed things i say

   McCool: there is plenty of development work to be done

   Josh: curious about the REST architecture aspect

   McCool: please review the reference implementation

   Sebastian: now welcome Fraunhofer to present

Frauhofer's talk about LinkSmart Thing Directory

   Farshid: presenting and introduce the Fraunhofer colleagues
   ... Fraunhofer is a collection of institutes with a 2.8B
   research budget
   ... the present department is User Standard Computing
   ... focus on IoT, Industrie4.0
   ... building reusable components for IoT as enablers to build
   larger systems
   ... have used Linksmart in projects in 10 countries
   ... based on senML standard
   ... sensorThings API supported
   ... current project is creating a system for monitoring
   buildings

   <McCool> McCool: preview of my comment: energy-efficiency
   use-case should be captured using our template as a WoT
   use-case

   Farshid: collecting sensor measurements from gateways and
   provide metadata
   ... Thing Description is used to package the metadata

   <McCool> McCool: another comment: mention discovery TF, DIDs

   Farshid: TD exposes endpoints for history
   ... using Thing Directory and decided to implement their own
   directory

   <McCool> McCool: also, meta-data block is interesting; to
   discuss in use-case

   Farshid: Linksmart Thing Directory in golang
   ... all open source and public
   ... description of internal architecture
   ... consisting of a catalog, schema loader, validator, internal
   model, controller...
   ... http based RESTful API but other APIs may be used due to a
   pluggable architecture

   <McCool> McCool: I also want to mention edgeX integration...
   might be useful to use the linksmart component there

   <McCool> McCool: ttl is optional... to discuss

   Farshid: design decisions include a loadable schema

   <McCool> McCool: open issues are how to handle validation when
   there are semantic extensions being used

   <McCool> McCool: is there a way to notify consumers of changes
   to TDs?

   <McCool> McCool: is there a search mechanism, eg via keywords,
   template, etc? does pagination returns tds or td ids?

   Farshid: API with query and path-fetch endpopints

   <McCool> McCool: partial TD issues; are returned values always
   valid TDs?

   Farshid: working on documentation and extensions to TD, expect
   to be done by end of next month
   ... questions?

   McCool: questions on the IRC
   ... we have a discovery TF we should discuss, the work seems
   well aligned
   ... looking at DID to replace the UID
   ... should capture the energy use case in our use cases
   ... metadata in TD is interesting to discuss, whether the link
   construct could be used
   ... also thinking about edgeX integration
   ... targeting deployment in October
   ... ttl should be mandatory for most use cases
   ... is there a way to do search?
   ... are the partial results from TD path requests valid TDs?
   ... we could follow up later

   Sebastian: could Farshid join the next discovery TF meeting to
   discuss further?
   ... also could there be a contribution to the standard?

   McCool: consider this to be a potential candidate

   Carlos: if Farshid has the bandwidth it is OK to contribute

   Sebastian: as a time check, we should move this discussion to
   the Discovery TF
   ... can we get a copy of the slides?

   McCool: email to sebastian and he will post on the GH wiki

Meetings update

   Sebastian: singapore govtech next Tuesday 2pm in Europe
   ... time change for the mktg call; one hour later; mccool will
   send out a calendar invite

   Kaz: already sent out updated webex coordinate to the group
   list and updated the marketing wiki

   McCool: update on POC for event in October

   Sebastian: On April 9 the TD and Architecture documents were
   published as official W3C Recommendations
   ... there is also a W3C Press Release and responses are being
   collected
   ... so far 3 reports have been published
   ... please help collect any articles and forward to W3C
   marketing team

F2F planning

   Sebastian: next meeting is in June and will be virtual
   ... there is a new Wiki page
   ... please check for the latest information and schedules
   ... please provide preferred time slots on the doodle poll
   ... looking for a solution to online plugfest software
   ... does anyone know of a good VPN solution for physical
   endpoints

   McCool: will discuss more in the next hour plugfest/test
   meeting; need to make sure we capture all of the requirements

   Sebastian: please register if you plan to participate

TPAC

   Sebastian: planning a parallel physical and virtual meeting;
   there is a questionnaire to collect feedback on the options
   ... setting up a doodle pool for time slot preferences
   ... please complete the questionnaire by May 24th
   ... planning for the plugfest
   ... also time to identify which joint TF meetings are needed

TF reports

   Sebastian: no scripting or architecture or discovery calls due
   to the bank holiday
   ... discussion about developer outreach in the marketing call

   McCool: how do we support developers?

   Sebastian: discussion on explainer video production
   ... new welcome web page
   ... we are requesting help with creating protocol description
   files for CoAP and MQTT in RDF

   Koster: WISHI hackathon integrating node-wot in a semantic
   proxy and protocol bridge

   Sebastian: WISHI call on the 26th discussing WoT and TD

   <Ege> [13]https://github.com/eclipse/thingweb.node-wot

     [13] https://github.com/eclipse/thingweb.node-wot

   Ege: has a working node-wot based protocol converter

   Sebastian: thank you everyone and adjourn

   Josh: follow up with McCool on areas where we need help

   Kaz: (suggests Josh contacts Kaz about his possible
   contributions)

   <joshco> thank you for having me

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; plugfest call will start in 5 mins
   - same webex different irc channel #wot-pf]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/22 12:09:08 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 30 April 2020 02:56:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 30 April 2020 02:56:11 UTC