W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 22 April 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:59:31 +0900
Message-ID: <87ftclk7ak.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/22-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, David!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

22 Apr 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_April_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Clerley_Silveira, David_Ezell,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool,
          Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Ege_Korkan,
          Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets
          Dave_Raggett

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dezell

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Welcome Clerley Silveira from Conexxus
         2. [5]Approval of minutes
         3. [6]Quick updates
         4. [7]Invited expert applications
         5. [8]Logo Renewal
         6. [9]Press Release Update
         7. [10]June F2F Planning
         8. [11]TPAC
         9. [12]TF reports
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: dezell

Welcome Clerley Silveira from Conexxus

   McCool: want to welcome Clerley and see if there are questions
   about the patent policy.
   ... real work happens in task forces, this meeting is mainly
   logistics.

Approval of minutes

   <McCool> [15]https://www.w3.org/2020/04/15-wot-minutes.html

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/15-wot-minutes.html

   <McCool> anotehr

   <kaz> [just fixed]

   McCool: the minutes have some topics that were covered in the
   discovery call.

   RESOLUTION: minutes approved.

Quick updates

   McCool: Had a Govtech call yesterday, new use cases are on the
   table.
   ... captured some one liners.
   ... also discussed Python integration. Not sure how that will
   work with node-wot
   ... we should talk about the June plugfest for retail (with
   Conexxus)
   ... LinkSmart directory service for thing descriptions could be
   a good topic.
   ... there is working code, so we should look at it.

   Kaz: might make more sense to have all use case discussions at
   one place.
   ... maybe could reuse the current architecture call?
   ... probably call it the use case slot

   McCool: need a doodle poll for a time for that.

   Lagally: we are getting in more ideas, ready to move use case
   discussions into architecture calls as we can.
   ... we should move these requirements through a "gate" so
   groups can begin to address.
   ... there will be overlap in use case development and actual
   development.
   ... I'll take responsibility for a doodle poll.

   <McCool> proposal: create a new meeting dedicated to collecting
   use cases

   McCool: maybe we need one architecture call and one use case
   call.

   RESOLUTION: create a new meeting dedicated to collecting use
   cases

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for the new uc call

Invited expert applications

   McCool: there is an official process.
   ... Kevin Olotu, Ben Francis, Hazel Kuok are interested in
   joining as IEs
   ... any comments?
   ... any objections?

   (none)

   <McCool> proposal: make Kevin Olotu, Ben Francis, and Hazel
   Kuok all Invited Experts to the WoT WG

   Lagally: question - means same position WRT IPR, right?

   Kaz: they have to make the same pledge.
   ... it's part of the process of joining the WG.

   RESOLUTION: accept Kevin Olotu, Ben Francis, and Hazel Kuok all
   as Invited Experts to the WoT WG

Logo Renewal

   McCool: marketing team has OK'd the logo, but would like the
   color to be W3C blue.
   ... we should all make an effort to use it.

   <kaz> [16]New WoT logos

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Web_of_Things_Logos

   Lagally: why do we need two?

   McCool: they work in different areas.

   Koster: I think the bottom one is cleaner and nicer.
   ... is there a reason to have the top (square) logo.

   Lagally: I also support one logo.

   <McCool> proposal: officially adopt the horizontal version of
   the logo with the revised color (W3C blue) as the WoT logo. The
   square version is to be deprecated.

   Lagally: what is the logo usage policy?

   McCool: we should probably write something up. Presentations,
   web page, twitter page, etc.

   Lagally: any licensing?

   McCool: i.e. can people claiming conformance use it?

   Lagally: yes.

   McCool: suggest we put a note on the logo page indicating it's
   copyrighted and people must contact us.

   <McCool> proposal: officially adopt the horizontal version of
   the logo with the revised color (W3C blue) as the WoT logo. The
   square version is to be deprecated. A copyright notice should
   be added to the wiki page that states that for usages other
   than official W3C WoT WG communications, the permission of the
   WoT WG is needed

   McCool: Kevin Hughes created the logo - did he grant W3C rights
   to the image.

   Koster: Dave Ragget said he donated it to us.

   McCool: let's reach out to Dave and Kevin for an assignment of
   license.
   ... so we'll add a copyright to the page.

   <McCool> proposal: officially adopt the horizontal version of
   the logo with the revised color (W3C blue) as the WoT logo. The
   square version is to be deprecated. A copyright notice should
   be added to the wiki page that states that for usages other
   than official W3C WoT WG communications, the permission of the
   WoT WG is needed

   RESOLUTION: officially adopt the horizontal version of the logo
   with the revised color (W3C blue) as the WoT logo. The square
   version is to be deprecated. A copyright notice should be added
   to the wiki page that states that for usages other than
   official W3C WoT WG communications, the permission of the WoT
   WG is needed

Press Release Update

   McCool: Fujitsu had a product they wanted added to the press
   release.
   ... note that we added Fujitsu after the "and others" part.

   Sebastian: we discussed to make it the last entry.

   Kaz: unfortunately all translations are complete.

   <McCool> McCool: group would like to move text for Fujitsu
   above the "Further" line and after the "Mozilla" point, and
   each point should end in a ; except the last, "Further" point,
   which should end in a period

June F2F Planning

   McCool: there will be a short plug-fest meeting after this
   call.
   ... need to add LinkSmart and some others to products.
   ... note there is an outstanding doodle poll for the times.

   <McCool> [17]https://doodle.com/poll/gucnmwm87khskxfm

     [17] https://doodle.com/poll/gucnmwm87khskxfm

   McCool: the current status of the poll has some gaps.
   ... (scribe - times that don't work for everyone.)
   ... added some candidate time slots. 9AM Eastern US is
   reasonable.
   ... only able to get 2-3 hours a day that's workable, and we
   had wanted 3-4 hours.
   ... kaz, should we start an hour earlier (i.e. 8am Atlantic)
   ... suggest we add an earlier hour each day to the doodle.

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to add 8am ADT as well to the doodle

   Kaz: waiting for response on possible support for VPN by the
   Systeam

   McCool: people should register

   Kaz: should I list plugfest participation on the registration
   form?

   McCool: yes.

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to add question about plugfest participation
   as well to the WBS

   McCool: WISHI registration is important - virtual workshop with
   T2TRG

TPAC

   McCool: not 100% sure that there will be an in person TPAC this
   year.
   ... chairs are asking our members, with results due 19 May.
   ... all WG members should fill out the questionnaire (second
   link) BEFORE 19 May.
   ... assuming a physical meeting and a plugfest, where could we
   do it?

   <kaz> [18]extracted questionnaire for the WoT participants

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202010/

   McCool: I would guess there will be restrictions on size of
   gatherings.
   ... maybe 10 people?
   ... few people, big room.
   ... I'll reach out to some universities.

   <inserted> Kaz: note that there is a dedicated question about
   the possible host for the plugfest in Vancouver within the WBS
   for WoT participants

TF reports

   McCool: any reports?
   ... we met with Franhaupfer and discussed LinkSmart. It uses
   JSON Path - though JSON Path is not a real spec yet (like JSON
   Schema)
   ... are there TF cancellations this week?

   Sebastian: I'm not sure I'm joining the marketing call
   ... and you (mccool) can't make it, either, so I propose we
   cancel the meeting tomorrow.
   ... I will send a notice.

   Adjourned.

   <kaz> [PF call on this webex ith #wot-pf channel starts in 5
   mins]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to add 8am ADT as well to the doodle
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to add question about plugfest participation
   as well to the WBS
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to create a doodle for the new uc call

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [19]minutes approved.
    2. [20]create a new meeting dedicated to collecting use cases
    3. [21]accept Kevin Olotu, Ben Francis, and Hazel Kuok all as
       Invited Experts to the WoT WG
    4. [22]officially adopt the horizontal version of the logo
       with the revised color (W3C blue) as the WoT logo. The
       square version is to be deprecated. A copyright notice
       should be added to the wiki page that states that for
       usages other than official W3C WoT WG communications, the
       permission of the WoT WG is needed

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/29 12:10:47 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 30 April 2020 02:59:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 30 April 2020 02:59:22 UTC