W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > June 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 28 June 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 22:35:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Va8W=PJLE3WBgvWgx3sTzK21tprPOF1AYaEGuRu1rrSQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael McCool!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

28 Jun 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Michael_Koster, Uday_Davuluru, Zoltan_Kis,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Darko_Anicic, Keiichi_Tokuyama,
          DarkoAnicic, Achille_Zappa, Yingying_Chen,
          Kazuaki_Nimura, Masato_Ohura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          McCool

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Quick updates
         2. [6]node-wot as a deliverable
         3. [7]F2F Logistics
         4. [8]TF reports
         5. [9]TD TF
         6. [10]Scripting API
         7. [11]Binding Templates
         8. [12]Security
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: McCool

Quick updates

   tech landscape update: [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326

   will merge on Friday if no comments

   is one comment from Michael Koster that I will add to the
   update

   <scribe> new agenda items from chair's meeting: TF overlap,
   node-wot becoming a deliverable

   <mkovatsc_>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#28_June_201
   7

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#28_June_2017

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention marcomm thing as well

   <kaz> Mar/Comm discussion is postponed till next week

node-wot as a deliverable

   issue is to make collaboration easier, it's easier if it is an
   official deliverable

   also necessary to satisfy the "testing" deliverable

   Matthias: no problem from Siemens, but have started to look at
   Eclipse Foundation, need to make sure there is not conflict

   if it ends up at the Eclipse Foundation, then submitter needs
   to make sure they are party to the IPR agreement

   this is consistent with the needs of W3C... Eclipse Foundation
   will make sure it is "IP Clean"

   so we

   we would like to make a conditional resolution that this is
   something we want to pursue, conditional on clearing these
   issues

   no objections noted... so we will proceed.

   will try to resolve the remaining issues.

F2F Logistics

   <kaz> [17]registration results

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results

   about 40 people registered

   kaz sent out invitations to observers; we invited most to
   entire event, except for one that did not respond to Kaz's
   questions

   Uday to summarize status and outstanding issues

   one issue was hotel bookings... bad link, wrong code...

   has been resolved except for...

   one person, kaz has been contacting him but got no response
   about his hotel booking either

   some outstanding questions still...

   <mkovatsc_>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results

   everyone should go to results page and go to point 6 and make
   sure information is correct

   another issue: displays. who needs them?

   room only has one display and projector

   so the question is, can Uday provide screens locally? Yes... up
   to two only.

   two *monitors* with HDMI inputs

   plugfest preparation?

   plugfest is on Sunday (internal) and then demos on Monday as
   part of OpenDay

   Sunday morning will for plugfest setup

   need specific list of attendees for Sunday

   Uday will check schedule, but assumes it will be from 8am

   but need concrete number for conference center

   those who need monitors, please email UDay

   but... fellow named Francesco may not be on call, Kaz needs to
   send an email to connect with UDay

   Kaz has created a mailing list for all registrants, can also
   send a reminder there

   need to finalize input so we can start scheduling

   people should note timing preferences

   eg if someone can only come certain days; if remote, should say
   if morning or afternoon is better for them

   please put notes in wiki - names under what sessions you want
   to attend

   should finalize input end of this week... will be doing final
   scheduling early next week

   so TFs should create breakouts they intend to hold ASAP

TF reports

TD TF

   last Friday - current practices now applied for TD

   relatively small changes in the structure

   some information in there on how to use semantic annotation

   also there is a proposal for a protocol binding

   but no link... have asked MK to make a pull request to put a
   link into the main document (current practices)

   MK did create a pull request last night

   would be good to have a small slide set describing use of
   semantics in TD

Scripting API

   talked about concept of "origin" used in Web runtimes, and
   whether it applied... or not

   talked about protocol bindings and runtime and execution model

   <kaz> [19]Scripting call summary

     [19] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Jun/0033.html

   for plugfest, doing OCF binding for plugfest

   but, IoTivity just complicates things... and OCF is just a
   special case of CoAP

   so we are thinking of just adding protocol binding to generate
   OCF requests via a CoAP protocol

   that works for basic resource requests, but we may have to come
   back and look at this again for discovery, security, etc.

   Matthias: port demos to new versions, share scripts in
   different implementations?

   test cases are about network interop, not script interop

   Nimura-san also has runtime implementation; but no time to
   update to current specification before F2F

   where is the lastest version?

   <zkis>
   [20]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht
   ml#scripting-api

     [20] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#scripting-api

   <zkis> [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api

   <mkovatsc_> [22]https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

     [22] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   <zkis>
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/primer
   .md

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/primer.md

   <zkis>
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/ration
   ale.md

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/rationale.md

   but some examples would be very useful

   there are many in current practices

   spec parts should be removed from current practices (eg web
   IDL)

   some discussion about whether all examples should move to
   primer

   zkis: it is confusing to have two specs; it should be clear
   what is the informal intro and what is the actual specification
   ... let
   ... let's create an issues and discuss

   Matthias: what is in the current practices is out of date, so
   we have to delete it/move it/update it anyway

   Nimura: will do his best, but is not sure that can update
   implementation to match spec

   Matthias: propose removing text about scripting API in current
   practices, and replace with link to spec

   we need defined goals for the plugfests, need to accommodate
   the status of different implementations

Binding Templates

   last week sent around doodle to have separate call; overlaps
   both TD and SA TFs... too much overlap

   <mkovatsc_>
   [25]https://ethz.doodle.com/poll/yh3t8237v3v53ram#table

     [25] https://ethz.doodle.com/poll/yh3t8237v3v53ram#table

   have an initial call... would use Friday 3:30pm European time

   but were also planning an OCF implementation call... but these
   are related

   so we will combine the two calls...

   will start out talking about general binding template issues at
   3pm European time, then will talk about specific concrete
   implementation for OCF binding till 5pm European time

   will try to schedule so it works with and does not conflict
   with Security TF call

   <kaz> RESOLUTION: We'll have a call on Binding Template at
   3:00-5:00pm European time on this Friday, June 30th. The first
   part will be discussion on general binding template issues and
   the second part will be discussion on specific concrete
   implementation for OCF binding.

   <kaz> [26]3pm Europe in your areas

     [26] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170630T130000&p1=137&p2=43&p3=136&p4=195&p5=33&p6=235&p7=248

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex at 3-5:30pm in Europe on
   Friday, June 30 for the protocol binding discussion [recorded
   in [27]http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html#action01

Security

   security tf: no special reports

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex at 3-5:30pm in Europe on
   Friday, June 30 for the protocol binding discussion [recorded
   in [28]http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/06/28 13:32:52 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 28 June 2017 13:36:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:12 UTC