W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2016

[wot-ig] minutes - 4 May 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 22:47:30 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VyeVnqSO=nimBdpAatzoi0b1bdjCd6XnQQgmE6S1Wgaw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/05/04-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking notes, Darko!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

04 May 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/04-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster,
          Daniel_Peinter, Darko_Anicic, Frank_Reusch,
          Kazuo_Kajimoto, Kazuaki_Nimura, Markus_Jung,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, N_Wang, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takuki_Kamiya, Victor_Charpenay,
          Yingying_Chen, Natasha_Rooney, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Khalil_Abdelmalek, Joerg_Heuer, Dan_Romascanu

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          Darko

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Call with OCF
         2. [6]preparation for China F2F
         3. [7]IG Re-charter
         4. [8]WG Charter
         5. [9]PlugFest Preparation: Status Reports
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribe: Darko

   <kaz> scribenick: DarkoAnicic

Call with OCF

   <dsr>
   [12]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016May/
   0009.html

     [12]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016May/0009.html

   Dave: looking for a colaboration with OCF Platform w.r.t

   Markus: involved in work in OCF

   Markus affiliated with Samsung

   <kaz> [13]auto minutes on ocf presentation

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-auto-minutes.html#item05

   <kaz> kaz: automotive wg meeting in Paris last week

   <kaz> ... had a presentation by another Samsung guy, Sanjeev
   BA, on OCF's work

   <kaz> ... OCF IoTivity work on some RESTful framework

   <kaz> ... but so far don't have meta data mechanism

   <kaz> ... so I suggested they refer to JSON-LD and he agreed

preparation for China F2F

   <kaz> [14]Beijing f2f wiki

     [14]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing

   N_Wang: talking about possible contributions for the next F2F
   (Alibaba, Academy of Science etc.)

   <kaz> kaz: information available on the above wiki page

   <dape>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_Chin
   a,_Beijing#Visa_Invitation_Letters

     [15]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Visa_Invitation_Letters

   <kaz> [ Yingying: I just want to remind you that you need to
   request for the invitation letter asap. ]

   All: please request the invitation letter this week in case you
   plan your trip to China

IG Re-charter

   <kaz> [16]New process for draft charter generation

     [16]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Apr/0068.html

   Matthias: explaining the process on using GitHub for editing
   charter pages

   <kaz> [17]Charters repo

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/charters

   <kaz> [18]HTML version of the draft IG Charter

     [18] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2016.html

   <kaz> kaz: has just put the URL on the IRC above

   Dave: we should provide a wiki page with instructions

   Matthias: there exists a README file explaining the process

   Sebastian: in case of problems, please give your proposal over
   email and W3C stuff will create a pull request

   Dave: initial 4 weeks for the charter are too short

   Matthias: we should define the deadline, it works more
   efficiently

   Dave: 3 weeks to get a stable draft and 1 week to get the
   feedback

   kaz: it is not the big difference between the old and the new
   charter

   Matthias: we should create a pull request for each new
   item/proposal, then we see what is in and is out

   Joerg: bigger changes means longer extension?

   kaz: yes, so we should make sure whether we would like to add
   big changes or not.

   Joerg: if the agreement is not achieved till July, what are
   consequences?

   Dave: no big risk. We should get the charter right.
   ... we need to extend the validity date of the current charter

   Matthias: Action on Dave to write in the REAMDE the timeline
   related info

WG Charter

   Matthias: are we on track w.r.t WG Charter

   <kaz> [19]draft WG charter

     [19] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

   Joerg: put emphasis on work on WG Charter (discussed also on
   the last F2F)

   Matthias: look at both charters, and if issues exist, please
   open the pull request. Deadline - next week.

PlugFest Preparation: Status Reports

   <dape>
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/type-syste
   m

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/type-system

   Daniel: introducing the new type system
   ... adding complex data types
   ... JSON Schema is a preffered solution. Please comment out.
   ... 2 weeks for comments.
   ... please post issues as pull requests.

   Victor: we have enough time till une 10th to finalize the
   propsoal.

   Dave: to build conesus we need to propose and evaluate
   different proposal (i.e., not to go faster with certain
   solutions)

   Daniel: to better undestand the raised issues, please use the
   issue tracker

   <kaz> [21]GitHub issue tracker

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues

   Victor: please use "Proposal for TD" as a tag

   Matthias: please give additional propsoal that can be evaluated
   during the plugfests

   Victor: we focus on JSON Schema without ignoring other
   proposals
   ... they will evaluated/reviewd too

   kaz: proposals/approaches should be defined based on the
   group's interest

   Matthias: define the problem, and then we will work on
   different proposals that lead to the solution

   Dave: we should research use cases/propsoal beyond the group

   Matthias: this is not feasible. More practical is that a
   stakeholder joins the group and address a use case/proposal

   Joerg: let us do things in iterations. Practical evaluations
   give good insight about problems/solutions, also to externals.

   Joerg: we are working on the current practise docuemnt, and the
   document reflects the current state of matters. In another
   iteration we can capture the updates.

   Joerg: this issue is reappearing, let us capture this in
   minutes and refer to it later on

   <kaz> kaz: we might want to record Dave's concern on further
   investigation and stronger collaboration with other SDOs and
   technologies, and think about that at some point

   <kaz> ... it would be of course better if we could do that as
   well

   <dsr> My concern is that we aren’t doing a thorough enough job
   at considering the alternatives

   <dsr> The current practice document is focused on finding a
   single approach for the next plugfest and isn’t a good vehicle
   for studying the alternatives

   Matthias: focus the work on both charters and the architecture
   document update

   Sebastian: there is an agenda point about pub/sub, notification
   (from Michael Koster), but let us postpone it for the next time

   Michael: I will sketch a primer on the topic with timeline,
   problem statement etc.

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/05/04 13:40:31 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 4 May 2016 13:55:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:03 UTC