W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > August 2016

[wot] minutes - 10 August 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 01:11:12 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VNd3X5QvzrztT1adukutzc2yU4x6q=5au2WsNuMLPkWQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking notes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

10 Aug 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_8_August_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Michael, Bowen, Daniel, Johannes, Masato, Nan,
          Takuki, Uday, Katsuyoshi, Yingying

   Regrets
          Joerg, Matthias, Sebastian

   Chair
          Johannes

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Blog entry for Beijing
         2. [6]WG preperation
         3. [7]TPAC 2016
         4. [8]WoT Flyer
         5. [9]IG Deliverables
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

   <scribe> scribeNick: DP

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

   Johannes walks through Agenda

   JH: Blog entry for Beijing
   ... WG preperation
   ... joined demo
   ... joined meetings with other groups
   ... IG Deliverables
   ... technical points we should discuss (e.g. break-out session
   at TPAC)
   ... Any additions for agenda?

   None

Blog entry for Beijing

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER:
   [12]https://www.w3.org/blog/wotig/2016/08/01/w3c-web-of-things-
   ig-meeting-in-beijing-11-14-july-2016/

     [12]
https://www.w3.org/blog/wotig/2016/08/01/w3c-web-of-things-ig-meeting-in-beijing-11-14-july-2016/

   JH: anyone can write blog post
   ... should keep blog vivid
   ... Has someone given a presentation (conference or so) lately?
   ... I gave talk at ICC HP
   ... how WoT can help people with disabilities

WG preperation

   JH: Kaz, do we have any feedback from management already?

   Kaz: Yes
   ... a few initial comments
   ... still reviewing draft
   ... Wendy: Current practices document and relationship with
   implementations
   ... will respond
   ... 2nd question from Wendy: Current practices document and
   relationship with linked data and semantic web approaches

   JH: should take points with us
   ... can talk about first comment
   ... reach out to implementations... not many particpiating yet
   ... at the moment the relation is not very tight
   ... it is more a list of general implementations

   DP: people willung to join remote plugfest
   ... expect more implementations once we setup a remote plugfest

   JH: idea is have "all" web of things implementations without
   restricting the list to PlugFest participants
   ... get them on board and work with them to join the efforts
   ... will try to prepare response for Wendy
   ... Once we got feedback from W3M we incorporate it
   ... encourage companies to point internally to WG charter
   ... to request feedback

   Kaz: Judy is also interested from W3C accessibility

   JH: Other points?

   Kaz: yes
   ... first call for Uday from RWE

   Uday: self introduction... started with lemonbeat
   ... Frank is also with Lemonbeat
   ... trying to work on standardization of protocol

   JH: Welcome on board!

TPAC 2016

   <kaz> [13]TPAC schedule

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html

   JH: initial idea to have a joined demo instead of PlugFest
   ... 4 tables
   ... table for TD, scripting API, protocol bindings, reference
   architecture
   ... I assume we will have room for Wednesday, right Kaz?

   Kaz: That is the plan.. talking to planning team
   ... question whether we need additional room for preparation?

   JH: Would be very good
   ... having setup and pre-testing

   Kaz: will keep you informed

   JH: Idea during AC meeting having a presentation
   ... showing WoT activities
   ... not sure whether there is a schedule yet?

   Kaz: not yet
   ... Tuesday might be better

   JH: Yes

   Kaz: will check with planner team as well

   JH: for demo... nothing new
   ... CP document is freezed
   ... however if there are more members participating it would be
   very good

   DP: No list yet

   JH: setup list?

   <kaz> +1 to check with people now :)

   JH: anyone in the call willing to join?

   DP: does it make sense to setup wiki page

   JH: Yes, ... first statement of interest
   ... ask people who joined in the past
   ... offline

   DP: create page and send it to mailinglist

   Kaz: would like to ask people during this call...

   JH: Michael, any plans to join demo

   MK: I was planning to provide something..
   ... not sure if I can travel
   ... maybe remote participation
   ... conflicting meeting also
   ... working on IOTivity also

   DP: one more demo with small robot...

   Nakasan: Panasonic will join TPAC showing same appliance

   JH: Very good!

   Nan_Wang: CETC, no final decision made yet

   TK: Fujitsu likely to show demo from Beijung (need still to
   check)

   Uday: Need to check back with Frank w.r.t. Lemonbeat

   JH: Promising to see same demos..
   ... maybe also some more
   ... thanks!
   ... Next is about "Outreach/Ad-Hoc meetings on Monday&Tuesday"
   ... various groups meet-up
   ... chance to meet other groups

   <kaz> [14]TPAC schedule

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html

   JH: own meeting are on Thursday and Friday
   ... plennary meeting on Wednesday
   ... idea would be to have joint discussions with other groups
   on Monday & Thursday
   ... very beneficial from past experience
   ... during TPAC registration one can ask for observing other
   groups
   ... besides there is the concept of ad-hoc meeting
   ... let's go through list
   ... accessible platform architecture WG
   ... had joint meeting with automotive... closely related topics

   Kaz: I am staff contact for automotive as well

   <jhund> [15]https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html

   JH: suggest individually going through list ..
   ... automotive WG seems important to me

   Kaz: will ask chair

   JH: device and sensors wg
   ... did have joint session
   ... similar to scripting API
   ... tobie langel still involved?

   Kaz: yes
   ... will outreach

   JH: EXI wg
   ... outreach is simple.. Taki is chair
   ... MMI
   ... had meeting with MMI

   Kaz: think joint meeting with MMI is important
   ... WoT should be used for device layer
   ... MMI for user interface

   JH: spatial data wg...
   ... task force of TD had joint meeting
   ... can ask Sebastian for outreach
   ... Web and TV IG could make sense
   ... TV could load TD et cetera..
   ... might be joint interest
   ... don't think we had joint discussions

   Kaz: I am staff contact for the Web and TV IG as well
   ... these days Web and TV IG has two topics
   ... 1. Cloud Browser --- client/server based rendering system
   ... 2. GGIE --- Web Content distribution ecosystem including
   IDs for both the content and the user
   ... interest in how to integrate TVs and other devices
   ... on the other hand, TV control API part has become a
   separate group, the TV control WG
   ... there will be a joint session between the Web and TV IG and
   the TV Control WG on Monday (Sep. 19), so meeting with TV guys
   on Monday sounds good

   JH: there will be the meeting of the TV Control WG, so Tuesday
   is also fine
   ... let's first check when people arrive
   ... suggest having wiki page

   Kaz: Johannes, do you plan to contact accessibility group
   yourself?

   JH: Yes

   Kaz: I will contact other WGs (besides EXI)

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with the group chairs/team contacts
   about joint meetings during TPAC for Automotive, DAS, MMI and
   TV(Web&TV/TV Control) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - Talk with the group chairs/team
   contacts about joint meetings during tpac for automotive, das,
   mmi and tv(web&tv/tv control) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2016-08-17].

   JH: Sebastian can outreach spatial data

   <kaz> kaz: can talk with Michael Cooper for Accessible Platform
   (CCing Johannes)

   JH: Who can setup wiki page for joint meeting?
   ... can also use existing page

   DP: created template for TPAC

   <kaz> [17]Lisbon f2f wiki

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon

   JH: Meeting schedule for TPAC?

   Johannes editing wiki page ... new section about topics

   JH: added "subscriptions"
   ... "scripting API follow-ups"

   MK: Matthias asked be to do more work on MQTT protocol binding

   JH: correct, also BLE, GATT
   ... also TD lifecycle

   MK: also "Revisit type system"

   JH: discussions around "synchronizing" things and proxies

   Kaz: we should update plugfest section of the Lisbon f2f wiki
   with concrete content like the schedule table and requirements

   DP: did not do that because I think there is no real PlugFest..
   instead Demo
   ... where to put list for "demo" tables

   JH: own page I suggest

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to suggest Automotive, Device&Sensors,
   EXI and MMI

   ack

   JH: idea to have a template for demo tables

WoT Flyer

   YY: So far we did not get any comments for the Flyers design

   <yingying> [18]sales sheet draft

     [18]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2016Aug/0000.html

   YY: tomorrow is deadline
   ... please comment

   JH: any comment in the call?
   ... can walk through the content quickly right now
   ... one flyer for senior decision makers
   ... one flyer for developers
   ... I think the messages are from Montreal F2F
   ... maybe sending out reminder

   YY: will do so

   JH: how to comment

   DP: used inline wiki

   <kaz> [19]Flyers wiki (Member-only)

     [19] https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/WoT/Flyers

   JH: any comment besides DPs comment?

   Kaz: wanted to clarify
   ... members should comment wiki and not Word file, correct?

   YY: marketing team reviewed flyer content... seemed very
   technical to them
   ... content in 2 word files is just to show concept

   Kaz: conflict between word and wiki

   YY: Need to make sure that content is less technical
   ... should be more business oriented
   ... if it is so technical... we don't need another one (have
   previous version)

   Kaz: Do you (and others) think we should concentrate on senior
   decision makers?

   YY: Olive tried to make it more business oriented

   Kaz: I fear that word and wiki has different content
   ... question#1 are we okay with using olives proposal
   ... question#2 do we think the content is complete

   YY: image is not set... just the concept

   Kaz: think due to short time we should concentrate on word file
   generated from word file...

   YY: I don't think so... deadline for wiki is tomorrrow... word
   is later

   Kaz: need to clarify "what" people should review by tomorrow

   DP: not sure now whether we plan to have still 2 flyers or just
   one ...

   YY: marketing team knows sales sheet
   ... having one side technical
   ... one business oriented
   ... seems to be misunderstanding between us and marketing team

   JH: think messages in wiki are still good
   ... ask everybody to review wiki
   ... ask comm team to clarify misunderstanding

   Kaz: will check with marketing team

   JH: ask everybody to review wiki
   ... time is running short

IG Deliverables

   Kaz: one comment, IG deliverable, ... got resolution for most
   of the deliverables document last week
   ... also got confirmation from Kajimoto-san to publish the
   architecture document as note
   ... can simply publish it after his update on the
   abstract/status sections

   JH: yes... got no objections

   RESOLUTION: publish the architecture document as well as an IG
   note

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the group chairs/team contacts
   about joint meetings during TPAC for Automotive, DAS, MMI and
   TV(Web&TV/TV Control) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/10-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [21]publish the architecture document as well as an IG note

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/08/10 16:06:53 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 10 August 2016 16:12:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 10 August 2016 16:12:29 UTC