Re: Inviting OneM2M to present current status and plans?

On 2015-09-04 13:08, Soumya Kanti Datta wrote:
> Dave, Joerg
>
> I'd support this idea of inviting oneM2M into our meetings. oneM2M is not only aligned in terms of discovery and interop but also working significantly on enabling semantics for M2M/IoT. That could be another point of joint discussion. I am very much aware of what they are doing at this point and would further support liaising with them in near future.
>
> Just a small point - in https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/WG/charter.md#groups-outside-w3c - you might think of just putting oneM2M instead of "ETSI and oneM2M" since oneM2M partnership project includes ETSI.

Indeed, OneM2M took over from ETSI M2M a couple of years ago.

Joerg, I had a call with Olivier Hersent, from Actility, who has been actively involved in the development of ETSI M2M (Olivier also shot a series of video tutorials on ETSI M2M [1]) and I would like to suggest that he be invited as well to a future WoT IG teleconference to present some background on design choices made for ETSI M2M. From a logistic perspective, it might make sense to get things in historical order, meaning to have the ETSI M2M presentation before the OneM2M presentation (or perhaps during the same call?). I believe OneM2M made changes to ETSI M2M, and it could be interesting to understand the ins and outs there.

Regards,
Francois.

[1] http://cocoon.actility.com/documentation/ongv2/ETSI_M2M_videos