Re: Hello & a proposal

On 24 August 2015 at 20:29, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com> wrote:

> Yeah, read the examples before sending my message. The argument for why
> these operations need to be synchronous isn't clearly presented (this looks
> and smells like I/O w/o a justified blocking behvaior, something we
> generally don't want). I was hoping the authors would outline their
> thinking in a document that isn't just spec + examples.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Currently JS only provides a
synchronous API for image conversions through canvas, so the examples
demonstrate how it's currently done synchronously, and then propose
asynchronous methods to do the same. What aspect of that needs to be more
clearly presented?