Re: [whatwg] Accessing local files with JavaScript portably and securely

From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of

> You are continuing to dodge this problem by redefining the WHAT WG's
> responsibilities. Please don't do that.

I don't intend to take direction on how I spend my time from you. I'd be curious as to whether you can find any statement of the WHATWG's responsibilities to back up your claim on my time.

> On that note I also see that the Fetch API has stubbed out the specification
> of file: and ftp: URL semantics for definition in the future at
> <https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#basic-fetch>.

That's not an accurate statement. Rather, Anne has left that as implementation-defined, since it isn't part of the interoperable world wide web.