Re: [whatwg] Persistent and temporary storage

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Janusz Majnert <j.majnert@samsung.com> wrote:
> On 13.03.2015 15:01, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> The reason developers want it is to know how much they can download
>> and store without getting an exception.
>
> Which still doesn't guarantee they won't get an exception if the device runs
> out of space for whatever reason.

That is true, it would be an estimate (and I think we should name it
as such in the API). With deduplication and compression it can't be
super accurate. It's still better to reason with an estimate than with
nothing at all though, I think.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/