Re: [whatwg] Persistent and temporary storage

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:46:39 +0100
To: Biju <bijumaillist@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 4:12 AM, Biju <bijumaillist@gmail.com> wrote:
> At present data stored in indexDB is written some where deep in the
> profile folder, which is difficult to find.

I don't think we should expect our users to traverse the directory
structure at all. We need to expose UI to manage sites in
about:preferences or equivalent.

> Additionally if we can restrict these kind of file/storage access to
> just https site (or some sort of signing mechanism for installed
> app),, it will help reduce annoyance of asking for permission by ever
> other site we visit.

I suspect this will be HTTPS restricted simply because it is about
persistence, but soon every site will have easy access to HTTPS. So if
indeed all sites end up asking for this we would need to think of a
better model, but I doubt that will be the case.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/