Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

Hi Bobby - I’m going to keep my response brief as I don’t want to get sucked into this one too deep:

> all Tumblr kids pretty much know the basics of HTML
What you’ve proposed is not simple HTML, they won’t learn it.

> Javascript people are going to be happy with their existing selection of MVC frameworks, so why would they want anything new like this?
Most of the JS devs I work with would love a new framework which works differently to the existing range of frameworks because everyone’s got their own idea of the best approach.  The beauty of the world today is that none of these are so deeply embedded that you’re stuck with them.

> This will take years, but right now it’s looking like there aren’t fundamental problems with the proposal
My fundamental problem with this proposal is that it doesn’t blend well with the HTML we have - this group puts a lot of effort into backward compatibility because the web needs it.

If you really think this structure is what devs want then write a polyfill script that any noob can copy & paste (e.g. <script src=“www.//futurcrlaw.com/mvc-pollyfil.js”></script>) to add all these features to any browser currently in the wild.  Then work hard to persuade the "Tumblr kids” to care about things like performance & teach them all to use MVC using your polyfill.  If you really think it needs to be implemented in the browser write a browser plugin which makes it more efficient, then you’ve got some kind of case for this being a useful feature.

Even if everyone loved it this feature could not go into HTML spec and be adopted by developers without a polyfill.

If you really think that all browser vendors represented in this group are wrong then the answer’s simple - write your own browser which contains this feature and repeat the browser wars “hey, use my browser because it supports this feature no other browsers want”.

All the best.

Mat Carey

P.S. While you’re at it could you add a feature so I can forget any CSS I’ve ever known … something like <font color=“red” size=“3”> would be really simple for the Tumblr kids to learn. :)