Re: [whatwg] questions on URL spec based on reviewing galimatias test results

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:06:02 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: whatWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/d674c14cbe
>>
>> I'll note that galimatias doesn't produce a parse error in this case (and,
>> in fact, the state machine specified by the current URL Standard goes down a
>> completely different path for this case).
>>
>> The question is: should this be a parse error?
>
> Yeah. The results also seem strange. I thought at least Chrome had
> this behavior. Perhaps because Chrome was not running on Windows?

Here is a screen capture of the live DOM URL viewer:

http://i.imgur.com/kbsTDQ7.png

Here are the test results for Chrome on Windows:

http://intertwingly.net/tmp/81cd494abd36509f0d46010b0c4d4ff9

It appears that Chrome implements this, but (a) only on Windows, and (b)
only if the base scheme is "file".

- Sam Ruby