[whatwg] questions on URL spec based on reviewing galimatias test results

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 04:12:52 -0700
To: whatWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Cc: "Santiago M. Mola" <santi@mola.io>
1) Is the following expected to produce a parse error:

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/4b60e32190 ?

My reading of https://url.spec.whatwg.org/#relative-path-state is that
step 3.1 indicates a parse error even though later step 1.5.1 replaces
the non URL code point with a colon.

My proposed reference implementation does not indicate a parse error
with these inputs, but I could easily add it.

2) Is the following expected to product a parse error:

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/bc6ea8bdf8 ?

I ask this because the error isn't defined here:
   https://url.spec.whatwg.org/#host-state

And the following only defines fatal errors (e.g. step 5);
   https://url.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-host-parser

My proposed reference implementation does indicate a parse error with
these inputs, but this could easily be removed.

- Sam Ruby