Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Though based on Andrew's latest comments, I don't know that anyone
>> strongly feels that we need to keep the event?
>
> If you create a non-persistent notification, would you not want to
> know when the user agent closed it (only relevant if the user agent
> closes them before the document closes)?
>
> If that scenario is not important, we could remove this event too I think.

I don't know of a use-case for that. And given that I think we should
define that non-persistent notifications go away after a timeout, I
think this is the common scenario.

The reason I think we should use timeouts is that this matches all
OS-native non-persistent notifications that I know of, and also seems
like a better UX.

/ Jonas