Re: [whatwg] Notifications: making requestPermission() return a promise

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> And I wouldn't expect someone loading a FontFace synchronously to use
> try/catch to deal with loading errors, either, because that's super
> obnoxious.  Failure, though, is a standard rejection reason - it maps
> to the use of "onerror" events.
>
> Without it, the promise algebra functions become far less useful, and
> you have to type-test the fulfillment value to see if it's actually
> the value you want, or some sort of proxy that communicates failure.

Once we have async/await syntax the synchronous version is what you
get. I would not want try/catch for requestPermission() there. As far
as I know promises are just like functions in that regard, you only
want to reject/throw if you want to force try/catch on the user.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/