Re: [whatwg] HTML video and IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome

Impressive research, Martin! Would you and your team be willing to turn it into test cases for the web-platform-tests project [1]? That's usually a good way to get browsers to fix their bugs. Failing that, you might want to file bugs on the various browser bug trackers.

[1]: https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests

-----Original Message-----
From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Martin Hoernig
Sent: Monday, November 3, 2014 11:29
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Subject: [whatwg] HTML video and IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome

Greetings,

I would like to bring some strange behavior of current web browsers to your attention. We have checked the HTML video (mp4 containers) abilities of IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox and noted some variations between the specification and implementations. Our attention was focused on the seeking abilities and event mechanisms. One example is a missing pause-event in IE after the video playback ends, but there is a lot more.

We tried to create a powerful HTML video player and we had to realize that our main job was to create workarounds.

Our full text is available at:
http://www.ronpub.com/publications/ojwt/OJWT-v1i2n01_Hoernig.html

Thanks and cheers,
Martin