Re: [whatwg] Fetch API: asHTML

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:15:16 +0200
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: Joshua Peek <josh@joshpeek.com>, WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
> I haven't been following the fetch API in detail.  Is there some
> collective understanding of what abstraction layer fetch represents?

It's at the same level as XMLHttpRequest.

> For example, I could imagine that we might not want to add a
> dependency from the fetch to the HTML parser because fetch is a lower
> layer of the system.

The API in question would be on the FetchBodyStream returned from the
network. Adding asHTML there wouldn't pose any requirements on the
underlying Fetch system.

However, I think we should wait with adding more as* APIs until we
have some experience with the current set of features.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/