[whatwg] hidden attribute useless with display: flex?

From: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:32:39 +0200
To: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Hi,

// CSS:
div{
   display: flex;
}

// HTML:

Per spec, the div should be shown right? I imagine there is no way back
on that?
Does it mean hidden only works when the default (UA stylesheet) display
value is kept? Does it mean hidden is completely useless when trying to
combine it with display:flex?

What I'm trying to do is just that an element have display:flex and to
hide it with the hidden attribute when I don't need the element to be
shown. I guess my only option is changing style.display?

Thanks,

David