Re: [whatwg] summary/details - proposal

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> The <summary> itself is not interactive, so only the triangle provides
> the actionable control.

The spec doesn't disallow making clicks on (non-interactive) parts of the
summary defer to the disclosure triangle. Browsers should just match
platform conventions, where applicable, and otherwise make whatever is
considered the best choice for users (such as making such content also
trigger the disclosure triangle).

> Given that what we want to provide for the use case of having controls
> inside the summary, after discussion around the issue, I have proposed
> the following:
>
> <details>
> </details>

That's way more complicated than necessary for authors, not to mention all
the problems it would cause with the existing <label> definitions.