Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Adding methods like getElementById and getElementsByTagName to DocumentFragments

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:13:32 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 10/31/13 10:14 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> What we should have is proper automated test suites that let us know
> what web browsers do and do not implement.

We should have that too, sure.

> Creating rudimentary tests
> for the relevant cases here probably takes less effort in addition to
> being far more valuable than filing the bug reports.

If the goal is to get browsers to implement, how is it more valuable?
Browser vendors ignore W3C test suites to an even greater extent than
they ignore bug reports.  In particular, I don't believe browser vendors
typically run W3C test suites en masse regularly, whereas they do
regularly look at the bug reports that get filed on them.

-Boris