Re: [whatwg] Should onfoo event handler properties be on Element or HTMLElement?

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 20:38:48 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 10/8/13 9:49 AM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>>
>> Gecko has "HTMLElement implements GlobalEventHandlers" in its IDL,[1]
>> but somewhat surprisingly also "SVGElement implements
>> GlobalEventHandlers".[2]
>

> Note that in Gecko SVG elements also have event handler content attributes
> and whatnot.
>
> What's your proposed handling of event handler content attributes?  And note
> that the handling of these is not quite identical for HTML and SVG last I
> checked.  :(

Is there a spec for how the event handler content attributes (with
reflection) work in SVG? In any event I haven't intended any changes
here, whatever is already implemented sounds good. If implementations
disagree, then getting agreement and a spec for it seems orthogonal to
which interface the IDL attributes sit on.

Philip