Re: [whatwg] The src-N proposal

On Nov 16, 2013, at 11:30 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> This entire discussion, for months, has been entirely about syntax.  I
> don't think I've seen a single person talk about semantics, nor do I
> think it would make much sense to do so.

Maybe semantics is the wrong word. I feel (and others agreed on webkit-dev) that the "srcset" term better represents this and syntactically using a delimiter instead of multiple attributes is more tenable.

> The aesthetic concerns *are* personal, as it's an opinion about
> whether you think it looks good and is understandable or not.  Some
> people like it, some people don't.  It's not a big deal.

It is a big deal. Humans need to use this for years to come. Settling on something that is polarizing is a big deal.

— Timothy Hatcher