Re: [whatwg] The src-N proposal

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:30:58 -0800
To: Timothy Hatcher <timothy@apple.com>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Timothy Hatcher <timothy@apple.com> wrote:
> My objections were mostly about semantics and not purely aesthetic. I also wasn't the only one to raise concerns on webkit-dev. To represent the WebKit community concerns as “personal” is disingenuous. I don't pretend to represent the entire WebKit community, and neither should you.

This entire discussion, for months, has been entirely about syntax.  I
don't think I've seen a single person talk about semantics, nor do I
think it would make much sense to do so.

The aesthetic concerns *are* personal, as it's an opinion about
whether you think it looks good and is understandable or not.  Some
people like it, some people don't.  It's not a big deal.

> Now lets please try to work together on something everyone is satisfied with.

I've been trying to.  I posted a question directly to Apple folks yesterday.

~TJ