Re: [whatwg] The src-N proposal

From: Timothy Hatcher <timothy@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 10:54:09 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>

> On Nov 16, 2013, at 8:09 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net> wrote:
>> Basically authors will hate us. We've been going in circles for a couple of
>> years now and all we have to offer is an incomplete solution? And browser
>> vendors can't even agree which one of the half-baked solutions is it going
>> to be :(
>
> Let's be fair here.  2 browser vendors have agreed on a solution, one
> disagrees on personal aesthetic grounds, and one has been silent so
> far.
>
> ~TJ

My objections were mostly about semantics and not purely aesthetic. I also wasn't the only one to raise concerns on webkit-dev. To represent the WebKit community concerns as “personal” is disingenuous. I don't pretend to represent the entire WebKit community, and neither should you.

Now lets please try to work together on something everyone is satisfied with.

— Timothy Hatcher