[whatwg] scrdoc and session history don't play along in the spec

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:44:12 -0400
To: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
The session history algorithm in the spec navigates to urls.  As far as
I can tell, on the face of it, this means that this testcase:

   <iframe name="x" srcdoc="aaa"></iframe>
   <a target="x" href="http://web.mit.edu">
     Click me, then later hit back
   </a>

should fail to go back.

The good news is that at least WebKit's srcdoc implementation ignores
the spec here and makes back work, and so will Gecko's.  But the spec
still needs to be fixed.  Again, as far as I can tell; actually telling
anything for sure about the navigation/shistory part of the spec is
impossible.  :(

-Boris