Re: [whatwg] Features for responsive Web design

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:07:04 +0200, Markus Ernst <derernst@gmx.ch> wrote:

> This is why I'd humbly suggest to put information on the image in
> @srcset rather than info on the device and media. Such as:
>  srcset="low.jpg 200w, hi.jpg 400w, huge.jpg 800w"

What about an image gallery, when you have 25 thumbnails on one page?  I'm
not sure how this will work in cases where you don't want the image to be
the "max size" your screen can handle.

Even the common case of having an article picture that is not 100% of the
screen width will be hard to do in a responsive non-fluid way with
predefined breakpoints.

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com