Van: Eric Imthorn <eric.imthorn@gmail.com>
Onderwerp: Proposal: implement a <usescookies> tag.
Datum: 15 november 2012 21:52:33 CET
Opnieuw-verstuurd-aan: "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
Aan: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org

Because of European legislation, all sites must warn users about the usage of cookies on the sites.
Over 90% of European websites use cookies, which could make a "We use cookies" block become more common than a footer.
So assuming the law is here to stay, this common mandatory block might as well get his own <usescookies> tag (or something in that nature).

Another advantage is that browser-builders can implement an option to automatically "display:none" these elements (redering the whole legislation useless).