[whatwg] Review and Browser Vendor Interest in Form Enhancement

From: Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:05:33 +0000
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:
> Last time I asked around, there didn't seem to be much demand for
> these features so I didn't implement the previous version that was in
> the HTML spec.
>
> Adam

I've responded to repeated requests on public-html and
public-html-comments for these features, specifically PUT and DELETE
support. I've also noted repeated requests on hacker news and stack
overflow.

My experience is this is a feature which isn't going away and with
greater numbers of "ReSTful" web services the demand and applicability
will only grow.

The previous omission of declarative authoring of request headers
exhibited the lack of a complete solution which is what this proposal
addresses in an integrated and compatible design.

Thanks,
Cam